36 Hours In Buenos Aires By Way Of The New York Times...

A comparison between Staten Island and Queens is irrelevant. No tourist would come to New York to visit either Queens or Staten Island.

I wish that was still the case. Queens is going through a massive gentrification process right now, and with it, comes the tourists.

Oh, my poor Queens, what are they doing to thee?

Tourists Have Landed in Queens. They’re Staying.
Lonely Planet named Queens the No. 1 United States tourist destination of 2015. Residents and business owners wonder if the borough can become more than just a day trip from Manhattan.

http://youtu.be/xVt3Jd1ZNKw

Thanks a lot Camberiu.I hate to say "I told you so".But I DID tell you so! I just came back on Sept.28.In NYC the're saying that Queens is now tied with Brooklyn as a new tourist destination and guess what? It's cheaper already1 Who would 'a' believed it!

Yeah, people have this ghetto image of Queens that comes from the 70s and 80s, not realizing that it has become a very different borough.

Queens is the most diverse urban environment in the planet. 138 different languages are spoken in Queens today. There you will find people from every race, ethnicity, color or creed that exists in this Earth. They don't call the "7 Subway Line" the "Underground United Nations" for no reason.

Arguably best Argentine food in the world? Queens.
Arguably best Colombian food in the world? Queens.
Arguably best Korean food in the world? Queens.
Arguably best (X nationality) food in the world? Queens.

Huge music and art scene. Great parks, including the beautiful Flushing Meadows - Corona Park.

Want to experience China without having to fly 14+ hours to Beijing? Just go hang out in Flushing, Queens. 90% of the conversations you will hear will be in Mandarin.
Want to experience India and/or Pakistan? Jackson Heights, Queens, is the place for you.
Miss Argentina? Just stop at the very authentic Boca Juniors restaurant in Queens.

Queens puts every other NY borough to shame, and makes Manhattan look like Disneyland.

And, despite all the above mentioned qualities, Boca is Boca. Arguably the most iconic ghetto of the world.

Please don't misunderstand me. I love Queens and I think it's the best value for the money.
I still don't agree with the LP video because the average tourist doesn't want to waste any precious time of his/her stay exploring Queens and people usually have limited time to visit.

Back