55% Inflation. New Era Of Honesty???

Those cheaper cars are often based on pretty old European models like Opel Corsa B, original Fiat Uno etc. and don't fulfill current US or European emission standards. So you can't really compare them to what is sold there.

Germano, I think cars have gotten a lot more expensive because of all the taxes that have recently been added to car purchases. So they have definitely had inflation, but also new taxes that the government just recently put on the cars that caused a massive uptick in the price.

I don't think it's unreasonable to assume 50 percent inflation this year, but no one will be able to accurately predict what will happen this year. I doubt it will be lower than 30, but we'll see.

Those cheaper cars are often based on pretty old European models like Opel Corsa B, original Fiat Uno etc. and don't fulfill current US or European emission standards. So you can't really compare them to what is sold there.

The Corsa B has not been manufactured in Brazil since 2011. The Uno ended its production in 2013. They met 100% of the emission standards in Europe and USA. Where they felt short was on the safety standards. Neither model would be street legal in the US or Europe.

Alrighty then.

When you guys are done talking about whether the real inflation is 25%, 35%, 55%, or whatever other number we can dream up, and hey, why dream small after all... I was more hoping we'd talk about why they are suddenly being more honest. Is it what you read everywhere in the mainstream meda, that they want to start playing nicer in the international community because they might actually need a little credit from the IMF, or investment from outside, etc, or is something a little deeper going on? Is it possible they know a bigger crisis is coming, such as failing reserve, larger devaluation, corralito, etc, and they are trying to ease the public into crisis mode one little alarming fact at a time to avoid rioting in the streets?

They need dollars. If they don't get them, it will be 2001 all over again.

Many of these changes started happening right after Kicillof got back from Paris in January -- the devaluation, interest rate increases, and quasi re-liberalization of the official exchange market. These are all orthodox policies, and Kicillof isn't much of a fan.

And also, let's keep Argentina in context. This is a global problem.

The Corsa B has not been manufactured in Brazil since 2011. The Uno ended its production in 2013. They met 100% of the emission standards in Europe and USA. Where they felt short was on the safety standards. Neither model would be street legal in the US or Europe.
The Chevrolet Celta is based on the Corsa B, so is the Corsa Classic. Both are still manufactured as far as I know. I was told that their engines don't fulfill Euro5 emission standards - are you sure the meet the current standard in Europe?

Germano, I think cars have gotten a lot more expensive because of all the taxes that have recently been added to car purchases. So they have definitely had inflation, but also new taxes that the government just recently put on the cars that caused a massive uptick in the price.

I don't think it's unreasonable to assume 50 percent inflation this year, but no one will be able to accurately predict what will happen this year. I doubt it will be lower than 30, but we'll see.
I was under the impression that the new tax does not apply to the cheapest cars. Or have they changed it again?

The Chevrolet Celta is based on the Corsa B, so is the Corsa Classic. Both are still manufactured as far as I know. I was told that their engines don't fulfill Euro5 emission standards - are you sure the meet the current standard in Europe?

You are correct, the new Classic and the Celta are just developments of the Corsa B platform. It is my understand that both the late generation Unos and Corsas have a new fuel injection system that made them fully compliant with the PROCONVE L-6, which is equivalent in requirements to the European emission standards 5 for petrol engines. But again, in terms of road safety, both cars are death traps.

This is going to end really badly.

Video 1

Video 2

Jan%20China%20Loans%20vs%20Fed%20BOJ.jpg

You are correct, the new Classic and the Celta are just developments of the Corsa B platform. It is my understand that both the late generation Unos and Corsas have a new fuel injection system that made them fully compliant with the PROCONVE L-6, which is equivalent in requirements to the European emission standards 5 for petrol engines. But again, in terms of road safety, both cars are death traps.

Yes both belong in the family of the Rolling Coffins .

Back