55% Inflation. New Era Of Honesty???

Hi,

And now this is how a cool thread about inflation transform into a "Troll" thread about inflation.

"Because I do not want to lose, I have to make it even, so lets talk about growth"

Cheers!

Hi,

And now this is how a cool thread about inflation transform into a "Troll" thread about inflation.

"Because I do not want to lose, I have to make it even, so lets talk about growth"

Cheers!

The 55% would be if the inflation in January continued at the same rate. It's a simple calculation. The La Nacion article has analysts saying that it will probably be around 35% but they can't predict the future. 35% isn't something to be proud off. They also don't exactly predict a bright future.

This is a pointless argument.

Hi,

Cheers!

You're throwing terms around there you evidently don't understand. Growth and inflation and fundamentally linked.

I've no interest in an argument with you and I have yet to see the slightest shread of evidence that you are interested in a debate much less an adult discussion.

That is unless you consider calling people trolls and posting links to la nacion articles with sunglasses and smileys as debate/discussion/how adults communicate?

Anyway, as has been pointed out, these are predictions. 55% is the worst case based on an extrapolation of the January figures, 35% is the average prediction of a set of financial institutions based on their annual predictions.

55, 45, 35...even 25 + 1 growth is an extremely bad year for any economy. That's really the point.

If you see that as trolling, that's fine. I guess it's a useful indicator on how you like to conduct a discussion.

The 55% would be if the inflation in January continued at the same rate. It's a simple calculation. The La Nacion article has analysts saying that it will probably be around 35% but they can't predict the future. 35% isn't something to be proud off. They also don't exactly predict a bright future.

This is a pointless argument.

It's nearly the dictionary definition of a pyyrhic victory. Standing proudly over this clusterfvck of an economy at the end of the year, economic rubble all around, less than 1% growth, more pressure on jobs and purchasing power, further capital flight only to turn round and say " We did it komrades...infaltion is only 35% per cent!!"

Hasta la victiora siempre...indeed.

Pffft.

35%-45% inflacion ! Lets go for 50% next year.
oRkl5.gif

...55% is the worst case based on an extrapolation of the January figures...

In this country, at this time, we shouldn't assume that 55% is the worst possible case. Moreover, that 55% number is based on the government's new calculations. Private economists place January's inflation a percentage point higher, which if extrapolated for an entire year, would lead to a rate of around 75%. (Of course, that's an auténtico mamarracho.)

Nor can further abrupt devaluations be ruled out, which could add more "instant inflation" to the mix. (No, wait. We have precios cuidados here. Never mind.)

And finally, there will almost certainly be a scaling back or elimination of some or all subsidies. More inflation which is unlikely to be tabulated in the official statistics.

So even if the year manages to end with official inflation of only 35%, it could still be 55% (or more).

Back