6,337 New Covid-19 Infections 7/30, Extended Quarantine..?

I have sources who are working in Buenos Aires hospitals now saying that a lot of cases are being fabricated at the request of the Government to make things seem worse. This then justifies the shutdown and damage they did to the economy. The good thing about Argentina is that social circles spread far and wide into many industries.
I know many people with the virus. At least 7. All of them in BA City. One died a week ago, 54 years old. Another is in intensive care unit, 42 years old.

Last edited:
I know four people who got the virus. One is 82, recovering in the Hospital Aleman after a few days in intensive care. Another, sixty five, in the Italiano, a milder case, also recovering. The other two people are a 75 year old woman, asymptomatic, and her 77 year old husband. He's in hospital - has kidney problems and caught the virus from another patient during one of his dialysis sessions. Now recovering.

Don't keep count of the people I know, but there must be hundreds, what with friends, old schoolmates, and my humongous family plus all their friends and relations. Out of all of them, only four got the virus.

I know many people with the virus. At least 7. All of them in BA City. One died a week ago, 54 years old. Another is in intensive care unit, 42 years old.
I also know around 8 people who have had it. That said, I know hundreds who haven't.

I have sources who are working in Buenos Aires hospitals now saying that a lot of cases are being fabricated at the request of the Government to make things seem worse. This then justifies the shutdown and damage they did to the economy. The good thing about Argentina is that social circles spread far and wide into many industries.

I knew it.. yeah I knew it Cristina is behind all this or not?

I don't know any person who has been infected of those in my circle of friends, acquaintances and neighbors....extensive list. Neither does anyone in my extended family comprised of adults of all ages who reside in CABA and Zona Norte.

Last edited:
I'm not sure what the point of all this counting is. Nobody knows the real numbers anywhere. The official figures everywhere are wrong, not because they are fabricated, but because the measuring systems are inadequate and the asymptomatics distort everything (we may have even had it and not know, so it's hardly surprising that we may not personally (think we) know others who have had it).

I know a couple of people here who have it and are recovering. I have several friends in Peru who have had it, one of whom has died and one of whom has posted her own vídeo of the experience. And my own cardiologist in Lima has been on the front line for three months dealing with patients with cardiac co-morbidities. There is no doubt that COVID19 is real. I can't see any reason why the situation here would be any different.

Although it seems like forever, it's actually only early days. Let's revisit this in 12, or 18 months time and see how many people we know have had it.

For sure COVID is real. The minority of cases will die, as they will with Dengue. But it is not a death sentence for everyone. As I have said before the cat is out of the bag. Further deaths and cases are a certainty and they cannot be undone. The only thing to do is to exercise personal and social responsibility. Make your own risk assessment and mitigate.

I am pretty sure that if I get COVID I will live to tell the tale, however I am a germophobe at the best of times and will go out of my way to avoid being sick with a flu for a few days. This one could be a few weeks. No thanks.

For that reason my COVID mitigation measures include working from home, avoiding the supermarket, having almost everything delivered, only entering shops/ hairdressers/ cafes if there are few or no others inside, avoiding or minimizing unnecessary social contact, masks and distancing, following rules on when to use the public spaces, lysoforming the elevator before getting in, hand shoe and clothes hygeine and otherwise enjoying my health and fitness the city in the outdoors away from other people. According to science all of these activities that I do partake fall into the low risk spectrum. At this point if I get COVID (or even Dengue...) despite mitigation measures, I get it anyway and it will suck.

Now, if I thought there was a larger risk of being severely ill or dying (eg falling into a certain age group) I would take more extreme mitigation measures unless I was open to go if the time comes early. The city has any army of volunteers ready and willing to help so one would not need to leave their home if one chooses that path.

LOL at these muppets with their 'predictions' they have no fucking idea or control on anything. The economy is completely fucked - they have locked people down for a record 5 months with more to come.
5 months, that's really tough on people. Does not gov give individual any financial help?
And does small business get any financial help too ? I really like to know and compare. Suddenly there is surge in Vietnam, China and HK and Greece. We are not going to isolate this problem away, only vaccine and drugs can get rid of it.

Back