6,337 New Covid-19 Infections 7/30, Extended Quarantine..?

I know many people with the virus. At least 7. All of them in BA City. One died a week ago, 54 years old. Another is in intensive care unit, 42 years old.
Did either of those people have prior health issues that you are aware of?

BTW I am in no way saying that the virus doesn't exist... Of course it does.. Just that the 'numbers' of cases etc are highly likely to be extremely limited in validity and in terms of deaths etc associated with the virus. I think only in a few years will we have a good idea of what the reality is. I have said it previously that it is very clear that the world is way better at treating the virus so death rate is dropping which is great - I also have a belief that the virus is mutating into a less deadly form (though it is still extremely contagious).

The opposition was asking the quarantine to be lifted, so, they did.

This has to be the most Argentine quote ever. The total cluster^^^k that’s resulting from my gestion? Let’s just pretend that you won the election, not me. Voila!
We all know how politicians in Argentina are so friendly as to just go 180° on a key issue because the opposition asked for it.
(That the opposition asked for no such thing, and this is all just made up, is almost beside the point. What if they even had?)

The reality, of course, is that an indefinite lockdown was just not tenable. Nobody cares about dying from COVID-19 if the alternative is to die of hunger.
The only justification of a lockdown was to give the state some time to ramp up the capabilities needed to fight this - capabilities that bajo, of all people, had argued that Argentina had in superior measure to the US. As a way of freezing time until it goes away? Yeah, that might not turn out too great.

I have sources who are working in Buenos Aires hospitals now saying that a lot of cases are being fabricated at the request of the Government to make things seem worse. This then justifies the shutdown and damage they did to the economy. The good thing about Argentina is that social circles spread far and wide into many industries.

Argentina: the only country on Earth that is trying to overcount the number of sick.

I'm from the states and I don't know one person who's had it...

A relative on my wife’s side died from this. Argentine, but lived for decades in the US. Was 59 when he caught it, no health complications.
Our entire family had this, and I do not recommend catching it. Even presenting no complications at all, this thing is nasty.
I know several people in Argentina that caught this, including one that died.

The reality, of course, is that an indefinite lockdown was just not tenable. Nobody cares about dying from COVID-19 if the alternative is to die of hunger.
Speaking of hunger, this too is real.
My barber re-opened his studio last week after 5 long months.
After only a year in business he did not have much saved having invested everything into his studio and his newborn baby. Over those 5 months he was ineligible for the $10k allowance or any other form of "free" government support despite literally having nothing to live on. He was forced into taking credits which barely just covered the rent. He was doing a few haircuts at people's houses to scrape by, putting his and his clients health at risk in doing so in absence of any protocols.

I was shocked to see the state of him last week, he had lost over 15kg having gone from a well built man to a stick figure - not enough food to feed his family so he cut back himself. The guy felt totally disillusioned having escaped all of that in Venezuela a few years ago only to experience a much worse reality here. Now he needs to worry about repaying those credits on top of all the other arrears he has racked up.

But of course, the evil and greedy monotributistas trying to undermine the quarantine to get the economy moving again... enemy of the people and all that. Easy to say when working from home or enjoying a state funded vacation in a comfortable Recoletta apartment while waiving the party flag.

When I was searching for an apartment, savvy friends advised me not to buy on the first floor - too easy to rob - or above the fourth floor - too dependent on the elevator. They were thinking of power outages, but now with the virus I appreciate being able to climb just two flights of stairs to get home, and avoid the elevator entirely.
floor one is not bad, some of the first floor is very high.

floor one is not bad, some of the first floor is very high.
Mine is one of those. I am conscious of the risk but often stood across the street and tried to imagine how someone might scale the walls to reach it. It's hard to see a way. And there are no neighboring balconies from which to try a lateral attack. If someone manages to do it one day, I will congratulate him or her. Plus, if I bought a rope ladder that could be quickly deployed, it would be an escape route in the event of someone trying to break in through the door, or in case of fire.

Mine is one of those. I am conscious of the risk but often stood across the street and tried to imagine how someone might scale the walls to reach it. It's hard to see a way. And there are no neighboring balconies from which to try a lateral attack. If someone manages to do it one day, I will congratulate him or her. Plus, if I bought a rope ladder that could be quickly deployed, it would be an escape route in the event of someone trying to break in through the door, or in case of fire.
Believe or not, if someone wants, he can go to 4th floor easily.

Back