6 Nations Rugby

irish said:
nice statistics FJ.
interesting one about Bastareaud. But if he makes any 'Henry' style moves against Ireland I can already see the names they will call him.

I want to see a good game. The outcome is important but I want an exciting game more than that.

I'm sure there will be, there is a great respect for Irish fightness/bravery in France.
It could be a game to record too !

So has it been agreed where everyone is heading? Much as I enjoy the rivalry between fellow fans, I don't want to be the only Irishman at the French Bar :).... So, can those who will be wearing green confirm where they might be heading please?

Tried to call the Shamrock, but they didn't seem to be interested, or have a clue!

Wherever we go to watch it, may it be a good game, and may the best team win, and the game decided on tries, and not on kicking ability.......

I guess that commentaries are in spanish at Merval, but there is one thing that annoys me : unless the game is transmitted on other channels as well, the only one I found so far and that's EPSN. But on their website, it shows that France/Ireland is broadcast live on ESPN HD only, then it is shown afterwards on the regular ESPN. http://espndeportes.espn.go.com/spo...port?date=20100213&sport=RG&country=argentina

Place to see it has to be able to show HD TV I guess (lucky Welsh & Scots by the way : they'll have it live on the regular ESPN).

It seems that this time Irish know they actually CAN win this game and the French side knows that. We recall too how two or three years ago Ireland was dominated like 43-3 in the first half and managed to score 30 points in the second one while France did 0.

Anything can happen tomorrow.

On my side, I'll stop by Merval today and ask the owner about it. I'll be searching and eventually stop by a few other places (Irish included if I find some) to have many places to choose from. I'll post again in the evening.

No need to say, I am impatient to see this one !

Thanks Monsieur Jurist, let us know as soon as you get confirmation as to where teh game will be shown. Given its a 1.30 Kick off local time, I'm hopeful the game will be on live..... Somewhere.....

I just rang The Clover and Molly Malone's and neither will be showing the match, they just don't open in time. So that is San Telmo covered...

Does The Gibraltar have ESPN HD - I know its an English Style Pub, but they do serve beer and show sport normally?

Just checked ESPN Schedule -

Definitely on Live on ESPN HD (which I don't have!) at 1.25 tomorrow. The game will then be on at 4:15 on ESPN + (which I do have) at 4:15 here.......

Question is - There is Soccer from the UK on ESPN + at 2.00 - With Man City (including Tevez) v Stoke City in the FA Cup and probably on Fox too. Hence the reason they are not showing the game live on that channel.

As i live outside teh Capital, to travel to watch the game on HD, I must be sure it is on - wherever I go - Otherwise, I will be flying back home to watch teh As Live Showing at 4.15 - A dilema!!!!!

UPDATE : I went to Merival and spoke with the french owners.
They'll open around 3pm to show the game (NOT live) at 4:15 on the regular ESPN.
They do not have ESPN HD.

So for now, we don't know where to go (this game has to be watched live !).
On my side I am going to call every french restaurant/bar I know of.

The game will be covered live on ESPN HD and it seems too (to be checked) on TV5 (the french canal) which is retransmitted 24/24 only by cablevision (other canals retransmit it from 0:00 until 12 am).

I cross my fingers we can find a place to watch it live.

Just to agree with French Jurist, TV5 Latina have in their listings live broadcast of the game tomorrow. Pretty much even the most basic cable packages here have TV5 so just have a good gander for it way down on channel 78 or something. Can't wait for the game...Vamos Irlanda!!!!

Back