90 days

sanfrancisco

Registered
Hey Everyone!

My 90 days is up.
Once i went to Uruaguy and once i wend back to the states...and now i am still here and my 90days visa is gunna expire, maybe tomorrow.

What do i do? Can i go to the US Embassy and pay somthing?

I was sure i would find another post about this... but couldnt. Thanks! :eek:)eric

go down to immigrations on Antartida and inside to Prorrogas to get an extension - AR$100.
Be prepared to queue.

Don't worry about it and don't do anything. You can stay basically as long as you want and its only a 50 peso fine when you leave.

Stan are you sure? i live here. dont think im goin anywhere for atleast 6 months... how long before you think im in trouble? I like your way much better that fishy's (sorry fish) but, worried about a large penalty. hmmmm?

I just left there 3 weeks ago. I entered the country in November, stayed until September, about 10 months. I went to the airport paid the fine which took about 5 minutes (remarkably one of the more efficient operations of the government there). I've done this multiple times no problem, what are they going to do deport you? I lived a total of 5 years in South America on a 90 visa without any problems.

Just as a postscript, illegals in the U.S. often turn themselves in when they wish to return to their home countries. They know uncle sam will provide free one way transportation back home.

I'd be a bit careful.I have a friend who's been here 6 years, and has paid the fine a few times. Last time on his way in he went to pay the fine, and the customs people told him that if he did it again they wouldn't let him back in the country. Not ideal if you have a job, friends, family, a life here etc.

"jp" said:
I'd be a bit careful.
I have a friend who's been here 6 years, and has paid the fine a few times.
Last time on his way in he went to pay the fine, and the customs people told him that if he did it again they wouldn't let him back in the country. Not ideal if you have a job, friends, family, a life here etc.
I know of Stanexpat's way and know that it does work but jp's warning is why I continue to renew my 90 days. I've heard that there are possible difficulties entering and reentering if you go the 50 peso fee route. It would be different if I were just coming once, staying a while and then leaving, but I am here indefinitely (with trips in between) and therefore do not want to run the risks. Too bad sanfrancisco - funnily enough, I just went to immigrations this morning!! Tons of excitement!

Back