90 days

I think you guys are worrying too much. If you are just planning on overstaying a few months you aren't going to have a problem. If you are planning on staying in Argentina for life, have property, or working there permanently then you should apply for residency. The average person that's only going to be there for a year or so shouldn't bother.
If anybody has had a problem perhaps they can write in. I would be highly surpised if anyone has ever been denied re-entry to Argentina over this. I suspect that before you got to this level of problem you would be informed that the problem could corrected with the payment of a few pesos under the table.

I think at this point we should all start to ignore Stanexpats advice officially. Not only is what he says negative and sarcastic and anti-Argentina every single time, now some people are running the risk of being misinformed and possibly have to deal with consequences because of it. Let me know who agrees here.

"Davidglen77" said:
I think at this point we should all start to ignore Stanexpats advice officially. Not only is what he says negative and sarcastic and anti-Argentina every single time, now some people are running the risk of being misinformed and possibly have to deal with consequences because of it. Let me know who agrees here.

The only people in danger of being misinformed are people who listen to the silly stuff you post. If anybody doubts this go and look at what this guy had to say about the Cristina the other day, totally ridiculous, he must be living in a very sheltered environment.

"Stanexpat" said:

The only people in danger of being misinformed are people who listen to the silly stuff you post.
If anybody doubts this go and look at what this guy had to say about the Cristina the other day, totally ridiculous, he must be living in a very sheltered environment.
Stan, the difference between my post and yours is mine is just an opinion, whether you agree with it or not is totally your choice. On the other hand, yours is outright misinformation that is in essence promoting illegal activity, and possibly running the risk of not being re-admitted to the country. That doesn't qualify as useful or helpful advice. So I thank you for your futile attempt at a rebuttal, but better luck next time.
Do us all a favor, keep out of the forum and stay away from Argentina for everybody's benefit.
Thanks.

Most of Stan's post have been factual and based on experience.
Anyone buying or selling property here would no doubt benefit from
them. I hope he will continue to favor us with his opinions as well. I
do, however, agree with Attorney, who, in a previous post, strongly
urged those considering residency to maintain a legal immigration
status. Being "legal" is obviously a good idea, though Argentine
immigration authorities aren't known for being harsh on tourists who
overstay their visas.

Stanexpat advocating expats in Argentina to break the law is below the belt. The government here will be changing very soon the 90 day visa and do not believe that you can stay for eternity just with a short trip to Uruguay or Stans illegal response of staying as long as you like and paying a fine at the Airport

Sanfrancisco, an alternative for you right now is to go to Migraciones on Avenida Antártida (very close to Retiro) and get a "prórroga", which I believe costs in the range of $100 pesos. That way you don't have to leave the country for another 90 days, given you are on the first 90 days since your re-entry. They are quite helpful in Migraciónes from my personal experience with them.

Pericles -- More info please on changes and links to where I can read please. cheers

Back