A Good Restaurant In Ba? Yes, It's Possible!

My nomination for the best guide to BA restaurants: http://www.saltshaker.net/restaurant-reviews

39797327.jpg

There musn't have been a funny youtube link to accurately articulate his witty observation so he had to whip out the back up game of thrones meme.

Really? I've had the opposite experience. At the high end, I've found the food is consistently better tasting and better value than the "common" restaurants which are almost universally crap. I've never had a less than utterly spectacular meal at Chila in over 10 meals.Even with the latest price jump Hernan Giaponni restaurant is still a value that is almost impossible to beat not just here but around the world. I've only eaten at ilatina once but it lived up to the hype and I'm dying to go back. I'll miss the delicious parillada de mariscos and the more relaxed and less pretentious attitude of le mistral but Elena is living up to the mantel of excellent cooking.

On the other hand every time I go to a "common" restaurant I get terrible food and its expensive to boot! Speaking of prosciutto, I went the other day out o absolute necessity because I was starving and everything else was closed. I ordered an appetizer, pasta and 1 glass of wine and it came to 120$ and that was with a 20% discount. The pasta which was a shrimp fettuccini came out drenched in far overcooked and over salted cream sauce, the shrimp tasted like they had been frozen and were served with the intestines still inside and slightly overcooked. It was truly disgusting and it wasn't even close to cheap. Don't even get me started on the average parilla here...

On the other hand, this is exactly what I'm talking about. Could go to proscuitto and have a great meal, or maybe not. Probably I ate in a different one than you. It all varies just like everything else out there. I have learned to not order certain things almost anywhere. I never order fish or seafood unless I know it's a place that dedicates itself to that and is known for that. I especially do not EVER order shrimp as I have yet to have eaten shrimp that is good in this country even 1 time. PS, if you know where to get GOOD shrimp, please enlighten me!

On the other hand, this is exactly what I'm talking about. Could go to proscuitto and have a great meal, or maybe not. Probably I ate in a different one than you. It all varies just like everything else out there. I have learned to not order certain things almost anywhere. I never order fish or seafood unless I know it's a place that dedicates itself to that and is known for that. I especially do not EVER order shrimp as I have yet to have eaten shrimp that is good in this country even 1 time. PS, if you know where to get GOOD shrimp, please enlighten me!

They have a very good shrimp entrada in "Honor y Causa" :)

I've never tried La Rosa Negra in San Isidro, but everyone I know who has been there says it's excellent. I like La Brigada, La Mirasol, Piegari in La Recova is very good and Fervor on Posadas st. Has delicious fish. They say the French restaurant inside the Hotel Palace Alvear and the Sofitel are the best but I've never tried them.

I heard about Fervor, need to visit them.

There musn't have been a funny youtube link to accurately articulate his witty observation so he had to whip out the back up game of thrones meme.

No offense , but I do believe the photo is from Lord of the Rings. I know how fantasies can run together. Like good restaurants in Buenos Aires , a fantasy.

Back