A major violation of human rights for those 70+

Why are they doing this?
The quarantine purpose was to level out the curve so the heath system would not be overwhelmed.
It appears to be helping. Also, it is stated that the people dying have conditions like obesity and diabetes and other medical conditions in addition to the virus.

If old is that important a category --then ALL old people should be subjected to the same rules?
So, with the purpose of the quarantine in mind, I guess my question is --if old people are dying by going out knowing that they may die-- and they choose to go out -- why are they being singled out -
and--- if those with money and power over 70 will still go out(not wanting and choosing not to having to abide by the need to quarantine) -- they are choosing to take their chances, right?

There's a never ending supply it seems of people who, in the time of a dangerous pandemic, find it necessary to yell at a government that has proven itself so far to genuinely, intelligently, and without prejudice to place the protection of it's citizens at the front of their actions in dealing with controlling the spread of Coronavirus in Argentina. They are also responsible for and in charge of the facts of the matters, scientific and social. So to have to read a raving screed on abrogation of "rights", a form of fascism, a form of apartheid while the government implements a plan to protect the most vulnerable part of the population, 70 years and older, and to additionally protect the capacity of the medical system to deal against of flood of infections from overwhelming it's ability to treat it's citizens - to me is an insult, an arrogance, an utter ignorance and utter stupidity. On top of being a flaming lie. What is being implemented is at best an inconvenience and has a significant public buy in to aid seniors. I encourage all to get on board.

Many Over 70 members of the Supreme Court , Parliament, Judicial , and Government ? they will also stay home? No pay?
Public servants are exempted. However, many elders are working by internet. The SC is using Zoom. The idea is that the Congress too.

Why are they doing this?
The quarantine purpose was to level out the curve so the heath system would not be overwhelmed.
It appears to be helping. Also, it is stated that the people dying have conditions like obesity and diabetes and other medical conditions in addition to the virus.

If old is that important a category --then ALL old people should be subjected to the same rules?
So, with the purpose of the quarantine in mind, I guess my question is --if old people are dying by going out knowing that they may die-- and they choose to go out -- why are they being singled out -
and--- if those with money and power over 70 will still go out(not wanting and choosing not to having to abide by the need to quarantine) -- they are choosing to take their chances, right?

All old people are NOT the same. All do not suffer from heart conditions, hypertension, cancer, diabetes etc. Some are very healthy. And a lot of younger people DO suffer from the above conditions. If protecting the elderly from getting sick and dying is the objective it should be the decision of the elderly to protect themselves. If they choose to go out they are only possibly putting themselves at risk. They do not need an authoritarian government to lock them up. If this policy were consistent a lot of overweight, unhealthy younger people would also be locked up at home 'for their protection'. And all public officials and powerful people over 70 would also be locked up at home. They won't and anyone who knows Argentina knows it. A vaccine is estimated to be at least a year away, probably eighteen months, maybe more. If those aged 70 and older are locked up for that amount of time they will suffer depression and some may commit suicide. By the way, this policy will apply to people visiting Argentina from abroad? Or will they be denied entry because of their age? Or will Argentina ban all flights until a vaccine has been approved?

Two Larreta CABA government employees resigned over questionable purchases of masks and rental of hotel as hospital.. Innfobae/Clarin.

Maybe some chicken shit as opposed to Regular Purchases..?

Why don't all you seniors organize a protest march? Every other aggrieved population in Buenos Aires does it.

I'm getting a visual. 1 million seniors show up Monday at the obelisk at noon.

As an over-70 person, I would like to thank those who want to run errands and shop for me and all
the other things, but I would also like to have the option to do it myself. I am fortunate in having
all my faculties (except, I admit, when I read some of the things written here), and would like to
know that I can continue to take advantage of them. I have to doubt that anyone is going to stop
me on the street and tell me to go home. At least I hope not! Post hoc ergo propter hoc.

Back