A New Low........i Have Heard It All Now....................

The word in question should have been " Berzerkely" and I apologize to the original author and have made the appropriate correction. :rolleyes:

Ah OK. I have never heard of this place. I thought perhaps you had it confused with my alma mater, but of course that would make no sense given UC Berkeley's global reputation for excellence.

Fubright scholars also misspell words

I'm not sure what a "Fubright" scholar is either, but I'm keen to look into it! If they are now handing out money for international travel to those who are too fubar (I assume that's the etymology, the logic is perfect) to spell the name of their own scholarship program, then this sounds like a better fit for me than whatever this Obama/ service work thing is that Kate mentioned in her original post.

Hahaha, thanks for bringing this chef-d'œuvre to my attention:

"Some babies (aka fetuses) get their brains sucked out at birth. Others (aka Fulbights) get their brains sucked out at Berkely." (anonymous)

I would be wracking my brains to try to deduce who the anonymous author of this stellar quote is (also: to understand what a "Fulbight" is) but sadly they were all sucked out while I was earning my degree at "Berkely".

It's the guy who lives in the political counterpart of Harry Potter's world, where the free market magically solves everything.

The word in question should have been " Berzerkely" and I apologize to the original author and have made the appropriate correction. :rolleyes:

PS: Fulbright scholars also misspell words, and occasionally do so in threads in which they are highly critical of others who have made similar errors.

If the best they can do is criticize someone for a misspelled word or two, their arguments are extremely weak and likely to include fallacious logic.

All the fallacious logic comes from fanboys like Paul Ryan, Ron Paul and the fantasy novels they read while ostensibly growing up.

I see all perfect spellers has the MS office in full engagement when writing. I bet every sentences they write will bring the "red"
Beep, wrong..So they keep correcting it thus showing in their posting as "perfect" and intellectual !

I see all perfect spellers has the MS office in full engagement when writing. I bet every sentences they write will bring the "red"
Beep, wrong..So they keep correcting it thus showing in their posting as "perfect" and intellectual !

You have made a good a point Hybrid-san. There are individuals in every country of the world (including all fifty-seven US States) who can use spell check to make themselves appear to be smarter (or at least better spellers) than they really are. ;)

Yes, the 50 we have officially + Puerto Rico, Southern Florida, Southern California, Southern Texas, way way Northern US - aka Canada, some widdy bitty parts of Afganistan and Iraq ... uh, scratch Iraq. 56.

I take it you avoided mentioning the US Virgin Islands because you're afraid Ceviche may leave us if reminded that they exist? :)

Back