A New Low........i Have Heard It All Now....................

Since you brought up the subject of WMDs, even Bill Clinton and many Democrats supported the search for them (as well as much "stronger" actions). They obviously wanted the US government to spend money to search for weapons for WMDs for which there was at least "some" reason to believe were in the hands of Saddam Hussein. Please tell us something the Federal government does that doesn't cost the taxpayers something.

Here are the first five of 22 quotes of statements made from February 17,1998 (almost two years before GHW Bush became President) until October 10, 2002 by Democrats who saw a threat posed by Iraq and Saddam Hussein's potential to develop and use WMDs.

1. "One way or the other, we are determined to deny Iraq the capacity to develop weapons of mass destruction and the missiles to deliver them. That is our bottom line." --President Clinton, Feb. 4, 1998

Quoted on CNN

2. "If Saddam rejects peace and we have to use force, our purpose is clear. We want to seriously diminish the threat posed by Iraq's weapons of mass destruction program." — President Clinton, Feb. 17, 1998

Quoted on CNN

3. "Iraq is a long way from [here], but what happens there matters a great deal here. For the risks that the leaders of a rogue state will use nuclear, chemical or biological weapons against us or our allies is the greatest security threat we face." — Madeline Albright, Feb 18, 1998

Transcript of remarks made at a Town Hall meeting in Columbus, Ohio — from USIA

4. "He will use those weapons of mass destruction again, as he has ten times since 1983." — Sandy Berger, Clinton National Security Adviser, Feb 18, 1998

Transcript of remarks made at a Town Hall Meeting in Columbus, Ohio — From USIA

5. "We urge you, after consulting with Congress, and consistent with the US Constitution and laws, to take necessary actions (including, if appropriate, air and missile strikes on suspect Iraqi sites) to respond effectively to the threat posed by Iraq's refusal to end its weapons of mass destruction programs." — Letter to President Clinton, signed by Sens. Carl Levin (D-MI), Tom Daschle (D-SD), John Kerry (D — MA), and others Oct. 9, 1998

http://www.renewamer.../mostert/040816

Plenty of Democrats can share the blame for gullibility, but they're not the ones who led the country into a hopeless war of choice that brought unacceptable costs and body counts all around.

Still, as your dead but implausible links continue to show, and the thread's heading suggests, you may have reached a new low.

Bajo is correct about jurisdiction. I would also call PSA. If you are falsely accused or you have been the target of a scam that you think might include the authorities the only statements you make are, "I had nothing to do with that. When do I get to call my Embassy?"

You do have your Embassy's emergency number in your cell phone, yes? :)

My point is that this "happend" in another country. So, local authorities has nothing to do with it. But the attemp of scam happend here...and it is under federal jurisdiction.

As your dead but implausible links continue to show, and the thread's heading suggests, you have reached a new low.

I just click on the last two links I included in this thread and was successfully redirected to both of them.

Perhaps a few other members could test them as well.

It was very "low" of me indeed to have to quote Democrats (aka Liberals and Progressives) to make my point, but the only thing that matters to me is the truth.

I just click on the last two links I included in this thread and was successfully redirected to both of them.

Perhaps a few other members could test them as well.

It was very "low" of me indeed to have to quote Democrats (aka Liberals and Progressives) to make my point, but the only thing that matters to me is the truth.

Too bad the truth didn't matter to the Cheney cabal and their lackeys, who built the Iraq disaster on a foundation of lies.

sigh. Normally it offends me when I see folks 'taking offence'at every little thing. Being offended is pretty much a choice. But for the word 'teabaggers' I make an exception. I am not a tea party now or ever expect to be but I find people changing the name in that particular manner very offensive. Which of course is exactly what it is meant to be.

Heh, I hear you, Chet, but you and I are both gamers. Most normal people have no idea what 'teabagging' means :)

Back