A question about citizenship, please

Tilda,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us :) I am glad you could acquire the citizenship and I wish you all the best!
If I may ask, how much time have you been living in Argentina before you presented your documents for naturalization? And did you apply as a spouse to an Argentine or as a resident in the country for two years? Thanks in advance.

In the end they didn’t even want to hear about my two children born I Argentinia nor my husband since I had two years of recidence.. My question would probably be why in such a hurry to get citizenship? I know that I did it because I want a passport that doesn’t cost a fortune to renew every five years, the possibly to vote and work at the local school. In order.

Where did your wife go? To the chamber of appels or to the first hierarchy Court? And when? You should go to the first hierarchy Court on Wednesday. There are 3 Secretaries and they draw who is going to take your case. You should not need a lawyer.

Thank you for your answer Dr Rubilar!
My wife went to "Tribunal federal N° 2" of Mendoza because when she called on the phone to ask about informations of citizenship, they told her to go on Wednesday to get the requirement papers. And they told her on the phone that this is the only place to deal with citizenship. And she met firstly a woman but as she couldn't answer the questions, she called the man who told my wife that I have to wait two years

Thank you for your answer Dr Rubilar!
My wife went to "Tribunal federal N° 2" of Mendoza because when she called on the phone to ask about informations of citizenship, they told her to go on Wednesday to get the requirement papers. And they told her on the phone that this is the only place to deal with citizenship. And she met firstly a woman but as she couldn't answer the questions, she called the man who told my wife that I have to wait two years

There are 3 Secretaries there.

Hello Saninmdz.....I appreciate your candor and patience. I also have my DNI, with 14.25 years to go before expiration. I have never thought of Argentine citizenship, since, except for voting, my DNI provides me with access and benefits that all Argentine ciizens possess....or am I wrong?

Hello Saninmdz.....I appreciate your candor and patience. I also have my DNI, with 14.25 years to go before expiration. I have never thought of Argentine citizenship, since, except for voting, my DNI provides me with access and benefits that all Argentine ciizens possess....or am I wrong?

Thanks for your reply! I agree with you that the permanent residency provides you with all the rights that Argentines have. The main reasons why I would like to have the citizenship is that: I was proposed lately a decent job with a good salary but unfortunately, they hire only Argentinians. Second, because my passport expires every five years and and it's already in its third year. To renew it flying to Bsas or my country will cost me lots of money and effort. Thats regarding the material reasons, and from a moral and social angle, the way my wife s family, friends, neighbors welcomed me and take care of me especially my wife s parents who consider me exactly like their son, this makes me having the will of getting the citizenship as an act of thanking and belonging.

Last edited:
Thanks for your reply! I agree with you that the permanent residency provides you with all the rights that Argentines have. The main reasons why I would like to have the citizenship is that: I was proposed lately a decent job with a good salary but unfortunately, they hire only Argentinians. Second, because my passport expires every five years and and it's already in its third year. To renew it flying to Bsas or my country will cost me lots of money and effort. Thats regarding the material reasons, and from a moral and social angle, the way my wife s family, friends, neighbors welcomed me and take care of me especially my wife s parents who consider me exactly like their son, this makes me having the will of getting the citizenship as an act of thanking and belonging.

Yes the family is something here is it not. Amazing... Once day after all paper work was done I was talking to mom in the US my Argentina mother heard and that and said thank you my new son as he now my Argentinian son. I almost went into panic. Please do not say that to my USA mom. LOL! But my mom here looks at me no different than a real son. In fact the whole family is like that and my wife's family is very big.

Back