Abl Has Tripled???

Please don't misconstrue these rises as due to inflation. These fee increases simply represent the increased value of these services.
Surely you are joking.

ABL cost will exceed the sum of other services, water.gas. electric..!
Soon may also exceed the Rent? IABL affects the tenants NOT the wealthy Landlords....!!!

While in most cases this is true, nothing prevents tenants from negotiating at the time of signing their lease, that the landlord pays ABL. I got that on some contracts a few years ago. You have to expressly negotiate on that, but it is not impossible ( especially considering that the expensas - building fees - are being increased as well. Think of how this affect the market for landlords who have properties up for rent, when people learn how much thier ABL is they run away after doing the math rent+expensas+abl+utilities, and they are feeling the urge to rent their properties out due to this as well, so they might just split it up.

Please don't misconstrue these rises as due to inflation. These fee increases simply represent the increased value of these services.

Huh?????? What about the type of service we are getting, with a fithy dirty smelly city, streets full of holes, sidewalks all broken, just to name a few things, and we have seen ABL rise on average 200% in the last 2 years...

ABL cost will exceed the sum of other services, water.gas. electric..!
Soon may also exceed the Rent? IABL affects the tenants NOT the wealthy Landlords....!!!

Nothing prevents you from negotiating at the time of contract signing that the landlord pays ABL. They are gonna be desperate to rent out these properties with all the money they will have to hand out between ABL and building fees aka expensas. I had landlords pay for ABL some years ago on some lease.

my neighbor just wrote is letter to the defensa de consumidores. we will cut and paste and arite something similar

"Señora defensora del pueblo:
Me dirijo a ud. a fin de solicitarle intervenga en la Ciudad de Buenos Aires para frenar el aumento extorsivo del impuesto ABL. En mi caso personal el aumento actaul es prácticamente del 90% que se suma al aumento, ya desmedido, acumulado en el último año. Adjunto por archivos una boleta del 2012 y una boleta del 2013.

Aprovecho así mismo para denunciar al gobierno por incumplimiento de la limpieza y retiro de basura en mi cuadra, así como incumplimiento en brindar seguridad, alumbrado y arreglo y mantenimiento de calles.

Quedo ala espera del acuse de recibo de este mail, y aprovecho para pedir información y consejo acerca del proceder respecto del impuesto en cuestión.

La saludo atentamente."

When I bought my small Recoleta apt in 2008 my ABL was about 91 pesos bimonthly or 550 pesos per year. I just received a bill for 1385 pesos (includes a 15% discount) if I pay the entire year in advance. Unlike citygirl and other expats who earn pesos and whose earnings may not have tracked the increase in ABL, the USD I live on has matched very closely the approximate 150% increase (from 3 pesos per USD to 7) since I bought the apt..
Again in this environment the theory of relativity applies...how you perceive an event depends very much on your location/ status relative to the event.

Back