ABL - Rentas Ciudad Bill? Has your...

eschal

Registered
Landloard charged you for this? My landloard is charging me, it's called a ABL Rentas Ciudad- Administracion Gubernamental de Ingresos Publicos fee. Some kind of tax? I guess it's only twice a year. Should I refuse?

Its the Alumbrado Barrido y Limpieza, it's a property tax for streetlighting, street sweeping and cleaining. Most landlords make their tenants pay this, it´s really unfair but it´s kind of customary here. It's due every 2 months or you can pay the whole thing up front for 1 year and it´s 10% less. Read your rental contract and see if you agreed to pay ABL, AySA (water fee), and expensas (maintenance). Landlords here (most of them) are s**t, and the big stinky kind at that.

It should say somewhere in your rental agreement whether you or the landlord should pay this, but generally in my experience it has been grouped in with the expenses the landlord pays (along with taxes and expensas) as part of the general overhead covered by rent, as opposed to things typically passed on to the renter (luz, gas, electricidad, agua etc)

Short term renters usually do not need to pay this, but check the contract.

You should never have to pay this. This is a tax that owners pay to the city, which is in no way the responsibility of renters.

A few years back, I had a landlord demand that I pay this and I refused. When she got pushy, I contaced the city's Dirección General de Rentas and was told that renters are not responsible for property taxes levied against owners.

ABL is all of the above as mentioned .however here in Buenos Aires, many tenants pay this along with the expensas(monthly condo assesments) If indeed you are required to pay it, ask at least the landlord for a copy of the paid amount and if it was pais in its entirety, you are entitled to a 10% discount as also mentioned before. I have lived all over the world and Buenos Aires and Rio are the only places I have lived which have so many "hidden" and not so" hidden" extras.
good luck
esteban

Back