Abortion Pills In Argentina

Nice to meet you too, I personally like babies, and I find your first post very insulting. Also, I don´t think this is a forum for medical advice or abortion drug discussion.

Dispensing medical advice may not be appropriate, but discussing public policy - on abortion or any other topic - certainly should be.

Uruguay has recently legalised abortion, I don't know if it will only be legal for citizens or if this will become a huge industry for the country considering it is the only one in the region that gives women the right to choose how many children they have and under what circumstances and the ability to do away with unwanted pregnancies in a safe, clean, legal way. I find it rediculous that any country/culture can call itself progressive and yet deny women safe terminations. Argentina has one of the highest abortions rates in the world and women die or a left with serious health repercussions from unsafe home abortions. I really hope for the women of Argentina that Uruguay allows them access to this medical service, if so it will still be a shame for the millions of Argentine women who wont be able to afford the trip yet alone to feed their child when it is born.

http://www.argentinepost.com/2010/08/40-of-argentine-pregnancies-end-in-abortion.html

Uruguay has recently legalised abortion, I don't know if it will only be legal for citizens or if this will become a huge industry for the country considering it is the only one in the region that gives women the right to choose how many children they have and under what circumstances and the ability to do away with unwanted pregnancies in a safe, clean, legal way. I find it rediculous that any country/culture can call itself progressive and yet deny women safe terminations. Argentina has one of the highest abortions rates in the world and women die or a left with serious health repercussions from unsafe home abortions. I really hope for the women of Argentina that Uruguay allows them access to this medical service, if so it will still be a shame for the millions of Argentine women who wont be able to afford the trip yet alone to feed their child when it is born.

http://www.argentine...n-abortion.html

Maybe you should learn how to spell ridiculous. Personally I find ridiculous that someone should defend the right to have abortions as a way to "choose" the number of kids they want. That's what contraception is made for. I don't agree with ANY abortions, but at least cases of rape, health risks to the mother, and birth defect have some good reason other than utter selfishness and horrific indifference.

If you don't have a womb you don't need to have an opinion on abortion.

That's b.s. I have a right to have my own opinion. You know...roughly 50% of abortion victims have or would have had wombs and no one asked for their opinion. Furthermore, the father should ALWAYS have a right to be considered (except in obvious cases).

http://www.argentine...n-abortion.html

Condoms and other forms of contraception are LEGAL in Argentina; "terminating a pregnancy" (i.e.killing) is ILLEGAL in most cases. It's not an acceptable way of controlling the size of a family.

what about the "the morning after" pill. Do they sell these here? sometimes things which are not supposed to happen, do happen, when two consenting, but drunk, adults end up in a "one night stand" but do not wish to take it to the next level.

I have three beautiful children and to think that I would abort one just as it could be a financial convenience makes my body and heart shudder. Abortion is illegal in Argentina and I am happy for this . To those feminist woman who thinks it is their right to deny a new soul the right to life it is akin to murder in my opinion . Fathers definetely have a right to decide in this decision as a baby is 50% mutual in all cases.

Back