Abortion Pills In Argentina

I agree with Nikad and I approve of the anti-abortion stance in Argentina.
In countries where abortion is legal, girls are pressured into it against their will by parents or boyfriends, instead of being offered support. In UK, an old or terminally ill person can't even beg for the right to die, yet a new life isn't protected from having it's right to life snatched away.

Abortion should be safe, rare and legal.

I like to know why you are have this stance on an illegal act in Argentina ? There is nothing safe about abortion as the mother afterwards is never ever the same again .I suggest that you read up on this and see the devasting effects that this has on woman and their fragile emotional state afterwards.

Cool, after a thread on a transgender traitor/hero, one about abortion. Next in line the Middle East situation!

Many arguments are not really valid:
- Making a baby is 50/50 between a woman & a man -> Laws are passed by parliaments made of 80% of men... I think women should have a predominant voice in this field. As for men, they should rather focus on being responsible (giving the sperm takes 10 seconds of pleasure vs. pregnancy for 9 months with scars on the stomach, backpains, etc. = not really comparable).
- Abortion is a fact, no matter what. Prohibiting it brings another fact: families who can afford to send their daughter to another country will do that (including some families rejecting abortion... for others) while poor women will just have the option of a table in a kitchen with a curettage
- I don't condemn the ones condemning abortion for religious reasons (I spent 10 years in a Catholic school with boys only, thanks) but those are usually the same ones who will reject sexual education in schools -> logical?!

On the other hand, it's true that some girls here consider the next day pill as a contraceptive method (???!), etc.

So between both extremes (religious wingnuts who'll reject abortion even in case of rapes, etc. // dumbos who consider abortion & such as some kind of contraceptive), there's likely a smarter & more balanced approach to consider. Education is a key here, once again.

True that abortion is likely traumatic for women (and even a legal abortion in France, for instance, done in a safe environment results usually in infertility for 3% of the cases).

Anyway, controversial subject

I like to know why you are have this stance on an illegal act in Argentina ? There is nothing safe about abortion as the mother afterwards is never ever the same again .I suggest that you read up on this and see the devasting effects that this has on woman and their fragile emotional state afterwards.
a legal abortion will always be safer than an ilegal one.

a legal abortion will always be safer than an ilegal one.

It would also be safer to legalize bank robberies. If you don't have cops chasing the guys who just robbed the bank you will prevent shootings between them and maybe save a life or a few.

this would be ilegal in argentina as the child has a right to identity.

Argentine law protects rights in a hierarchical way, the right to life is greater than the right to identity.

It would also be safer to legalize bank robberies. If you don't have cops chasing the guys who just robbed the bank you will prevent shootings between them and maybe save a life or a few.
insurance companies are too powerfull for that

All I will say is that if someone is irresponsible enough to use abortion as a birth control method, I think we can all agree they're better off NOT being parents.

As for the rest, for anyone that thinks making abortion illegal prevents abortion, you are simply naive. It still goes on but all that happens is it becomes a class issue. Those that can afford to go out of the country or are connected still get one. Those that aren't are left to do it in an unsafe/unsterile environment.

Oh wait, I have more things to say. One can believe that the act of abortion is wrong and still be pro-choice. My mother for example is an old-school Catholic and pro-choice. She doesn't believe the gov't has a right to say what medical procedures are allowed and not allowed.

If anti-choice people spent half the time and money on educating people on safe sex, providing contraception and oh, adopting the unwanted babies out there as they do protesting abortion, we would have a lot less abortions happening around the world.

Back