About Joe's Money

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just felt like I had to say something, not trying to beat anything, particularly horses alive or dead :)

IG should never have come on this forum defending himself with more promises so far not kept. He should have waited until he made things good with Joe and then humbly apologized for the misunderstanding and maybe even come out with a real answer as to why he screwed Joe over.

Interest? He dares to throw some paltry amount out as if Joe was a lending institution (as someone else mentioned), not taking into account his responsibility to get Joe the money (accepted freely, thereby tying up Joe's money, but with plenty of time to make things right before Joe's issue became critical), and which caused Joe real hardship related to having rent for the landlord.

Ridiculous.

I think I'm on record on this forum as trying not to judge people personally, but ElQueso's comment seems so spot-on - not personally judgmental, no vitriol, just on-topic and on-the-mark criticism - I'd have seriously and honestly expected to see IG liking it.

In life we have seem friendships of years been broken over money.

it is always a risk factor lending someone money.

I am not saying that IG is right but dear Mr. joe when you decided to lent the money to IG i did not see a threat on this forum titled

"Should i lent monet to an expat i met through this forum and I hardy know?" or something like that.

Finaty the whole aproach and making it public,giving to IG some time before reveaiing his name in public looked like a form of blackmale to me.

There's something about human nature that when a person has possession of someone else's money they begin to feel like its their own money and resent being asked to repay it.

In life we have seem friendships of years been broken over money.

it is always a risk factor lending someone money.

I am not saying that IG is right but dear Mr. joe when you decided to lent the money to IG i did not see a threat on this forum titled

"Should i lent monet to an expat i met through this forum and I hardy know?" or something like that.

Finaty the whole aproach and making it public,giving to IG some time before reveaiing his name in public looked like a form of blackmale to me.

Joe-san, did not lend money to IG. The Dude was going to Uruguay for a few days so Joe asked him to bring back US$1k on his return
so wired him the dough...But still to this date, still longing for his Grand !...Joe_San, I really wanting you to recover your money, I will be ready pretty soon to travel over there and bringing you the Sony Xperia z3 and the Toshiba chromebook..!

This whole thing is nauseating and I feel a little dirty for having read it.
Moreover, one can't help feeling that when you've dug the hole deep enough, it's usually a good idea to stop digging.
If this little slice of life makes you feel dirty just watch 3 episodes of Breaking Bad and you'll be born again.

OK, we've discussed this topic every which way. Now its time to ante-up.
I'm so sure that IG is a low life weasel that I'm willing to bet on it.
He seems to want to save face so I'm thinking he'll return some of the money, maybe 10%.
I'll bet $250p that Joe takes at least a $900 loss.
And I'll split my winnings with Joe.

Time frame? I'll take the bet for the rest of 2014.

If at 23:59:59 on 31/12/14 Joe has recovered $100 or less, you win.

International Guy, don't let me down!

Time frame? I'll take the bet for the rest of 2014.

If at 23:59:59 on 31/12/14 Joe has recovered $100 or less, you win.

International Guy, don't let me down!

Ok you're on for 250p.
Send me your 250p and I'll hold it for you (hahaha).
Seriously, we've got a bet.

If this little slice of life makes you feel dirty just watch 3 episodes of Breaking Bad and you'll be born again.
I'm tempted....
Perhaps Joe should call Jack Bauer for a little erm......assistance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back