About Joe's Money

Status
Not open for further replies.
Internationalguy is right in so far as the legal definition for theft may not apply to him.

Something along the lines of the old offence of "Obtaining a pecuniary advantage by deception" would probably be more appropriate. Interestingly this type of law would still apply to this type of situation without an intention to deceive. Recklessness would be enough.

Criminal Laws of this type exist in almost all jurisdictions as this type of behavior is fairly common across most societies and is justifiably considered Criminal and worthy of being punished.

Please see, for example:

http://en.wikipedia....ge_by_deception

Cheers :D

Internationalguy is right in so far as the legal definition for theft may not apply to him.

Something along the lines of the old offence of "Obtaining a pecuniary advantage by deception" would probably be more appropriate. Interestingly this type of law would still apply to this type of situation without an intention to deceive. Recklessness would be enough.

Criminal Laws of this type exist in almost all jurisdictions as this type of behavior is fairly common across most societies and is justifiably considered Criminal and worthy of being punished.

Please see, for example:

http://en.wikipedia....ge_by_deception

Cheers :D

I don't see what kind of pecuniary advantage I would have obtained once Joe and I settle this. The money he could have won from interests by having it in the bank? How much is 2/12 of 0.75% on $1,000? I respectfully think that there was no deception and I hope you will change your opinion once this is done and over with. You're a cool guy and I hope you will change your mind once it's settled.

I don't think it is a good idea to keep beating a dead horse, so to speak. Joe made this public, IG showed up a couple of times, not that he was MIA. Joe is not commenting, so maybe we just should not add any more to this issue. Let's just hope it gets solved, and maybe a little interest or small gift is in order. We all make mistakes, let;s not turn this into a witch hunt.

I don't think it is a good idea to keep beating a dead horse, so to speak. Joe made this public, IG showed up a couple of times, not that he was MIA. Joe is not commenting, so maybe we just should not add any more to this issue. Let's just hope it gets solved, and maybe a little interest or small gift is in order. We all make mistakes, let;s not turn this into a witch hunt.

I'm sure everyone appreciates your sentiment. Witch Hunts are a pointless exercise. I don't think that means that people shouldn't be free to talk and air their views. This is a public forum and i'd imagine that stifling free speech and mature conversation is not what you intend with your comment. Despite many peoples justified indignation at the turn of events I was saddened that some of the last thread turned into 'beating a dead horse' as you say.

This being said It's pretty clear to most of us who have seen public promises being made and repeatedly broken that something is seriously amiss.

I therefore echo nikad and call for this thread to be kept mature and on topic (so far this already seems to be the case). I don't however think that going from one extreme (witch hunting) to the other (self censorship and stifling discussion) is the right approach to take. I'm sure that's not your intention nikad, just making it clear as some may feel inhibited to post after reading your comment.

Kind Regards,

No money has changed hands YET. Hold your hatchets for a week until the next deadline B)

The next deadline.... and then the next one... and so on and so forth...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back