Adderall in Argentina

I agree with everyone saying "go to a doctor". You need a prescription anyway.

Wouldn't it be easier just to buy some meth on the corner?

The people bagging on this obviously don't understand. So there's no reason to respond to those comments.

OP- It's a bummer, but it might be true. I'm just reading some books now, "Delievered From Distraction" and a couple of others, and it's a bit frustrating to learn that a ~"cure" wouldn't be legal in this country. :-(

Vamos a ver.

Please report back with whatever you find out from a doctor.

Thanks

Yeah, will do. Any other suggestions would be welcome.

And people who are giving me, or anyone else, a hard time really don't understand. But I appreciate the help I've gotten.

Hi Borntarun,

When I moved here I had been taking Adderall for five years. I was happy with the effects and felt it let me 'keep up' with the pace of my demanding job in the States. It wasn't available here, and after talking with a doctor and researching mail options, I decided to try to stop taking it. I tapered down to only 10 and then 5 mg a day. I finally ran out and stopped taking it last August. That first month I was really sleepy and lazy.

It's been over a year without adderall. I feel normal. I'm back to the slightly less intense, absent-minded person I was before the adderall, and I feel like a better woman for it. Unlike the States, in my humble opinion, Argentina is not as intense a culture when it comes to perfectionism and high intensity focus - things adderall assists with. In the States, many of my friends and coworkers took adderall, while here society has chosen to forbid it.

I choose the Argentine cultural norm regarding my pharmaceuticals, and besides that one groggy month, haven't looked back since.

Whatever you decide to do, good luck.

voyagingknoxvillian said:
Hi Borntarun,

When I moved here I had been taking Adderall for five years. I was happy with the effects and felt it let me 'keep up' with the pace of my demanding job in the States. It wasn't available here, and after talking with a doctor and researching mail options, I decided to try to stop taking it. I tapered down to only 10 and then 5 mg a day. I finally ran out and stopped taking it last August. That first month I was really sleepy and lazy.

It's been over a year without adderall. I feel normal. I'm back to the slightly less intense, absent-minded person I was before the adderall, and I feel like a better woman for it. Unlike the States, in my humble opinion, Argentina is not as intense a culture when it comes to perfectionism and high intensity focus - things adderall assists with. In the States, many of my friends and coworkers took adderall, while here society has chosen to forbid it.

I choose the Argentine cultural norm regarding my pharmaceuticals, and besides that one groggy month, haven't looked back since.

I agree with this!

voyagingknoxvillian said:
Hi Borntarun,

Great post by the way and kudos to you . Unfortunately I would not say that Argentina is a saint in regards to drug taking and is a world leader for diet pills with ephedrine as the main ingredient . These are very easily obtained here by friends and contacts. These pillls are very dangerous and I believe they are one of the main reasons for the agressive behaviours we see on the streets of Buenos Aires .

Taking a pill for most problems does not help . Go for a long walk , exercise, go hiking , sweat in a sauna, have a massage , there are so many experiences that you can create to make you feel better without the need of pills which are just legalised speed.

I've been taking adderall for the past eight years and now that I'm living in Argentina I am in the same situation. I tried ritalina and it has made me sick as well. I'm still searching for some kind of solution or alternative. I completely feel for all of you in this situation. Maybe it would be fun if we got together here sometime and exchange stories. haha ..funny thought but I do think it would be fun!

Back