Advice On Selling A Car?

jp

Registered
Time has come to say goodbye to my trusty Volkswagen Golf. I bought the car from a friend and he took me through the process, which made things easier. I just want to sell the car, not interested in trading it in. I've talked with some of the "compro auto usado" guys, and they are all offering around 25% less than the list price, which seems very low. Anyone have any recommendations? Mercadolibre? Reliable dealers?
Gracias!

Put it out front of your place or on the corner with a big jug of water on top, a sign and that's it. That's what my father in law did....sold his car in 4 days.

By the way: What's the deal with big jugs of water they ALWAYS put on top of a car when they sell it? I figure it's for in case anyone looking at the car has the water in their mate thermos low, they can just feel free to fill it up...on the house. LOL.

I'm going to have to ask my wife...

I found my car using http://www.deautos.com/ . Worth a look as my argie family has used this to look for and/or sell their cars too.

I asked my wife why folks here put bottles of water on the roof of a car that the owner is selling on the street...she says: "I dunno.......just what we do" LOL

By the way: What's the deal with big jugs of water they ALWAYS put on top of a car when they sell it? I figure it's for in case anyone looking at the car has the water in their mate thermos low, they can just feel free to fill it up...on the house. LOL.

What happens when you see a car with a jug of water on it? You know it's for sale.

Not sure where it started but one of the few things here that makes sense.

What happens when you see a car with a jug of water on it? You know it's for sale.

Not sure where it started but one of the few things here that makes sense.

Out here you occasionally see criollo horses tied to the side of the road with yes, a jug of water on top of them to show they are for sale. It never fails to make me laugh.

Put it out front of your place or on the corner with a big jug of water on top, a sign and that's it. That's what my father in law did....sold his car in 4 days.

I'm going to have to ask my wife...

Its not a water bottle its an old bleach bottle , although probably has water to help it stay put. so probably not best to drink it haha.
I think i read somewhere that it shows you are cleaning yourself of the car, hence the bleach bottle. They also are easy to see (as apposed to a piece of paper in the window) and they write their phone number on the bottle.
A good idea.

My tip is to publish in the local paper. Worked for us . But most people just trade their cars in to avoid the hassle of selling privately. You loose money, but you keep your sanity. At least in the occasion we sold our car we`d wished we`d have just part exchanged.

Its not a water bottle its an old bleach bottle , although probably has water to help it stay put. so probably not best to drink it haha.
I think i read somewhere that it shows you are cleaning yourself of the car, hence the bleach bottle. They also are easy to see (as apposed to a piece of paper in the window) and they write their phone number on the bottle.
A good idea.

My tip is to publish in the local paper. Worked for us . But most people just trade their cars in to avoid the hassle of selling privately. You loose money, but you keep your sanity. At least in the occasion we sold our car we`d wished we`d have just part exchanged.

Here I've seen it all....including just bottles of water sitting on top..

I asked my wife again why argentines do this....she said...I dunno ask my dad LOL!!

My father-in-law is one of my "go-to" guys on Argentina as well....there must be a reason LOL

Back