Advice Please! Macbook Charger Dead!

oamter

Registered
Hi Everyone!

My friend just got home to realize that his macbook charger is completely dead and we are at a loss for what he should do.

I myself have a PC so I am of no help and he already looked into getting a new charger at a store, but they said it would be 1,200 pesos and would take two weeks. I also have a friend coming down in two weeks, but thats just much longer than he would like to be without a computer while renting alone for the next month.

Does anyone have any suggestions/tips on where or how to get a charger more quickly? Is mercado libre a good option?

Does anyone by any chance have an extra one he could buy for less than 1,200 pesos?

Any advice would be really useful! Thanks!

Mercadolibre should be fine, you can pick up a non-apple brand charger for a fraction of the price.

In mercado Libre an original Macbook charger range from $700 to $1100? non Apple brand perhaps $400 ? Good luck

http://computacion.mercadolibre.com.ar/CARGADOR-DE-MACBOOK_DisplayType_G_OrderId_PRICE*DESC_AuctTypeID_AFP_PciaId_Capital-Federal

Try the Galleria Jardin on Florida- huge galleria filled with stores full of computer and electronic stuff.
They may have a generic charger that will fit.
Generally, though, Apple stuff here is double or triple US prices. Best bet is wait for the friend from the US, and consider it a computer fast, good for the soul.

I have a couple of extra ones that I keep as backups. I'd need to know what model number and year the MacBook is to make sure they would work. Send me a PM.

Back