Advices To Embrace The Laid Back Latin Life

Girino

Registered
Hi, long story short I am the kind of person who likes to explore all of the opportunities available to her and then make an informed choice. I like getting straight at the point, I don't like small talk, I know my stuff, I rarely trust others know better, I am quite demanding on sharp thinking and fast acting and I think I might just be having a hard time to adjust to the laid back "who knows?! We'll find out later! Don't worry" attitude they have here.

I tried booze but it has the downside to call for a lot of pee stops, which is pretty annoying if you are a girl. Any advice from you? Magic pills? Exotic herbs? Yoga?

Ah, and no, I am no weirdo, I am an engineer.
Thanks for sharing your wisdom.

LOL.. I giggle only because my husband is an engineer.. we explore and travel TONS..

I think exploring helps with the pace of work he faces..

good luck:)

You should give yoga a shot. I think I'm a lot of what you described as well, but its a good chance to clear the head, and realize that the things I worry about sometimes are not worth worrying about.

Definitely yoga, for myself I like Bikram. ( I 'm taking a break). Also walking, don't take the bus, train or cab, put on good walking shoes and walk there. 5 miles, walk there, no problem. Cut down on the coffee.
Good luck
Nancy

Go to any pharmacy here and hang out for a few hours. You'll be shocked by the enormous quantities of tranquilizers that change hands, practically on the level of antibiotics.

1) Smoke more weed, (for medicinal purposes only, of course!), just stay away from that nasty paraguayan.
2) Listen to more reggae, especially Pato Banton and Bob Marley.
3) Inform your family that, under doctor's orders, you must now spend one full hour each morning doing nothing but drinking coffee and reading the newspapers.
4) If you find yourself stressing, immediately sit down at the nearest cafe and order red wine. Pretend you're Sicilian, repeat 100 times "La Dolce Vita", then go watch The Godfather on Netflix Argentina, while drinking wine and smoking weed.

well all the weed and wine type solutions sound pretty good, but watch out for the hang overs.
My solution is simple, ask yourself "What's the worst that could come of X"?
Turns out that if you think about things that way the worst possible out come just isn't all that bad and it almost never happens anyway.

If your husband is Argentine, let him do the talking. That is what I do.
When people come over to talk business, they spend an hour talking about politics or trying to find people in common. During that hour I do something else, then come back when they are ready to talk turkey.

Back