AEP stopover Question

Yes, but San Pablo is in Brazil. The accepted practice AIUI is that immigration and customs are dealt with at the first point of entry to the destination country. Imagine what would happen if they carried an individual all the way to Cordoba and only then discovered that they were to be refused entry to the country?
Fair point, my example was intra-Europe but outside of Schengen, and henceforth I presumed the same would apply. In any case, if rechecking baggage is required, and on the same airline within the same airport, just shy of 3 hours should be sufficient.

It’s the airline’s responsibility, if I’m not mistaken, to not allow a trip booked on a single trip if it transit isn’t reasonably seamless, and to provide information as to rechecking baggage if required

In the US you typically deal with luggage at the first point of entry and as you indicated this is not the case in Europe. The Aerolineas agent did inform me this will be US-Brazil style first entry. I will update on the forum on Thur hopefully with my luggage safe and sound in Cordoba ☺️ Also FYI if you fly BUE with a change in Sao Paolo that is not a relevant comparison because the stopover and destination countries differ.

Last edited:
In the US you typically deal with luggage at the first point of entry and as you indicated this is not the case in Europe. The Aerolineas agent did inform me this will be US-Brazil style first entry. I will update on the forum on Thur hopefully with my luggage safe and sound in Cordoba ☺️
Sorry for not understanding this, interested to hear about your experience. Enjoy Cordoba, would love to visit someday, sadly only my stolen iPhone has visited Cordoba 😅

I’ve done quite a few transfers like this. If you purchased your ticket with the same airline they will check your luggage all the way through. My most recent time I did this was a month ago from Sofia to Corfu via Athens. I was also nervous so was sure to double check with the check in staff this was the case, and they assured me so. The only problem is that the Athens to Corfu flight departed without a full cargo of about 20 bags. Needless to say they apologised profusely and subsequently flew my missing bag to Corfu the following morning.

In any case, if it’s the same airline, your checked baggage will be handled from the start of the itinerary until the end without you needing to do anything
That’s a different case though. Both Bulgaria and Greece are EU countries therefore there’s no customs or border checks of any kind.

Thanks @Jtee125 ! I am waiting at AEP for my flight to Cordoba. Luckily it was delayed by 90min or I likely would not have had enough time to connect.. I did have to claim my bags and recheck them here in Buenos Aires. The aduanas went through 3 of my bags due to "electronics" but luckily I did not have to pay even though they kept asking for invoices. You have to walk the bags from immigration outside about 200 meters and then enter the national terminal where you have to wait in the ticketing line to re-check the bags. Customs and immigration lines were not bad but security to enter the National gates was a huge queue with people trying to cut in front. If I fly to Cordoba again from the exterior I will take the flight from Florida that connects in PTY next time, it will be much easier avoiding AEP. I had no choice in this case since I originated in ASU..

Thanks @Jtee125 ! I am waiting at AEP for my flight to Cordoba. Luckily it was delayed by 90min or I likely would not have had enough time to connect.. I did have to claim my bags and recheck them here in Buenos Aires. The aduanas went through 3 of my bags due to "electronics" but luckily I did not have to pay even though they kept asking for invoices. You have to walk the bags from immigration outside about 200 meters and then enter the national terminal where you have to wait in the ticketing line to re-check the bags. Customs and immigration lines were not bad but security to enter the National gates was a huge queue with people trying to cut in front. If I fly to Cordoba again from the exterior I will take the flight from Florida that connects in PTY next time, it will be much easier avoiding AEP. I had no choice in this case since I originated in ASU..
I feel guilty you thanking me when my advice was sub-par. It sounds odd to say, but I’m glad your flight was delayed, to at least give you some breathing room! Enjoy Cordoba, I plan to visit the other Cordoba (here in Spain) very soon

Back