Aerolineas Argentina

The future looks brighter for Aerolíneas Argentina!
The government took over the controll of AA in 2008, from the spanish Groupo Marsans. Since then its seems there has been a focus on renewing the fleet and aligning itself with the industry standards.

Already AA is operating 12 Next Generation Boeing 737-700 and another 10 is due for delivery in 2012, phasing out the older 737-500. An order of 20 Embraer 190s has also been made.

Other signs indicating that the management is on the right track is that AA has rejoind the International Air Transport Association (IATA), after being suspended. It has restructured its debt and has no longer protection from creditors. I guess as a result of these steps, AA are likely join the alliance Sky Team next year.

For me, this in sum tells me that this airline is on the right track. Service and other human factors excluded:)

Also, AA is ranked as one of the safest airlines in the world.

This is a big plus of AA, the airline has no reason whatsoever to save money in respect to technical issues, and it has the people to work on it. Compare with the defunct LAPA and Austral.

ctru said:

Since 1970 out of 93 airlines (major) 42 have had less fatal events than areolineas.. And 44 have had less percentage of passenger deaths per event..

Eg: LAN has had 2 crashes where deaths occured since 1970, 33% of passengers were killed.. Aerolineas has also had 2 crashes with 100% kill rate..

The last person to die on an areolineas flight where the aircraft/flight had a direct or indirect role was 20 February 1992; Aerolineas Argentinas 747; en route to Los Angeles from Argentina: One passenger died of food poisoning...

ctru said:

because half their flights are cancelled and never even take off.

davonz said:
One passenger died of food poisoning...

The food is only marginally better now.

ctru said:
The future looks brighter for Aerolíneas Argentina!
The government took over the controll of AA in 2008, from the spanish Groupo Marsans. Since then its seems there has been a focus on renewing the fleet and aligning itself with the industry standards.

Already AA is operating 12 Next Generation Boeing 737-700 and another 10 is due for delivery in 2012, phasing out the older 737-500. An order of 20 Embraer 190s has also been made.

Other signs indicating that the management is on the right track is that AA has rejoind the International Air Transport Association (IATA), after being suspended. It has restructured its debt and has no longer protection from creditors. I guess as a result of these steps, AA are likely join the alliance Sky Team next year.

For me, this in sum tells me that this airline is on the right track. Service and other human factors excluded:)

Some clearly see the glass half full. Until they address the over-staffing and poor service rendered by the operation, all the money they are pouring into the airline will just insure that losses will continue indefinitely. It's extremely doubtful this government will take the actions necessary to really reform this organization and put it on solid footing. What they are doing now is just throwing good money after bad without addressing the issues that got them into trouble in the first place.

Much like the other comments say on here, all international flights I've taken have been on point and on time. All domestic flights have been delayed by more than 2 hours. EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM.

That being said, I make it a point to fly Aerolineas Argentinas when I fly back to Miami. I just feel more comfortable and it's always cheaper. In addition, when I come back, I generally bring boxes of things at a cost of $75 for each box (the number of boxes is unlimited). All the other airlines cost you an arm and a leg to bring more articles of luggage than is allowed (I once paid $550 for three boxes when flying Delta down here....criminal). So I rule out all American routed airlines and love me some Aerolineas Argentinas!!!

Argentina Pros: 1 Argentina Cons: Lost Count

The only time I have flown Aerolineas was about two years ago from MIA to EZE, mainly because I had no other choice at the time and the tickets were cheaper too. It wasn't a bad flight and there was plenty of room because the plane was about one third empty. Didn't care for the customs at the EZE Aerolineas terminal. My family got quite the interrogation, open the bags, etc. (?) I don't use it anymore (especially flying out of EZE,) due to the numerous unforeseen strikes and cancellations of their flights. It's too risky.

Back