Aerolineas Argentinas - Carry On Restrictions

ClaireJ

Registered
So I'm flying from AEP to El Calafate in a week through Aerolineas Argentinas. (Please refrain from posting in this thread solely to complain about this airline - I know they're not supposed to be great, but I didn't book the flight...) I'm curious about their carry on restrictions. I found this page which is pretty informative. But under flights to/from Argentina, they state that no liquids are allowed - and specifically mention toothpaste, sunscreen, deodorant, and shampoo as not allowed. Is this really enforced?? Are they going to give me a hard time because I have travel-sized toothpaste and soap with me?? I'd really prefer not to check any bags, but I'd like to be able to bring these essentials...

Last time I flew aerolineas I got to bariloche only to discover that I had forgotten to take my 5" utility knife out of my backpack and put it in my checked luggage. Nobody noticed or if they did, cared

I find it almost imposible to believe that they wouldn't let you take toothpaste on the plane.

And if they don't, why don't you just buy toothpaste there?

They don't care about liquids or travel sizes. i have on more than one occasion carried on a case of wine (from mendoza, from cafayate etc). no problem whatsoever.

I know you don't want to hear comments about Aerolineas, but toothpaste and soap are the least of your worries. Just take them and let the chips fall where they may. There is a 99.9% chance that no one will even look at your bags flying domestic flight from AEP. Of course there is always a .1% chance that someone wants to enforce the rules.

The last time I flew Aerolineas, from Río Gallegos to Aeroparque, I walked straight through an utterly unmanned security area and all the way onto the plane without anyone even looking at my boarding pass until the flight attendant showed me to my seat.

Aerolineas are not in charge of security - this is in the hands of the Police at each airport.

In all of our domestic travels through AEP, we've never been questioned about our liquids and gels (and pretty much always have something above the 3.5ounces mark, including bottles of water). They pretty much wave all of our bags through, and only stop us when the scanner buzzes to do a wand check.

From some of the other regional airports (ie. Bariloche, Chapelco, etc), I've noticed them take a closer look at the carry on bags during security. But, have also never been asked to remove any products, including water.

Only in EZE have we had to do so (water + the filing part of a nail clipper).

Last week I flew LAN to the NOA. On the way back, my handguns (properly dispatched in a locked box under PSA/Renar suppervision) showed up with the rest of the luggage.Very upsetting.Should have had to pick them up and verified at the PSA/Renar office instead. Carried them there to finish the proper procedure.

Wouldn't worry about deodorant or other reasonable personal shit.

Back