Aerolineas Argentinas - Carry On Restrictions

I know the OP said, not to complain about Aerolineas in this post, but can't help.

Just flew in from aborad on Aerolineas today and was rudely reprimanded by the airhostess for using my iphone in 'airplane' mode in mid air. I was simply reading a book on the kindle app. The way she reprimanded me was disgusting. Like a school principal!

I have used my iphone in other airlines. But it seems, of this airline, they just dont iphone/mobile even in airplane mode, to be used in mid air.

I haven't flown Aerolineas internationally yet, however I fly domestic a lot and have noticed a slight improvement in on time performance compared to a few years ago where it was a 50/50 whether or not the flight would be cancelled. As for the service on board, I only fly very short flights and haven't had any problems. The one positive I can think of is their safety record, which seems pretty good - not sure if this is luck or their pilots/engineers do a good job.

I know the OP said, not to complain about Aerolineas in this post, but can't help.

Just flew in from aborad on Aerolineas today and was rudely reprimanded by the airhostess for using my iphone in 'airplane' mode in mid air. I was simply reading a book on the kindle app. The way she reprimanded me was disgusting. Like a school principal!

I have used my iphone in other airlines. But it seems, of this airline, they just dont iphone/mobile even in airplane mode, to be used in mid air.

They reprimanded me too. I just told them it was an iPod touch and they left me alone

Aerolineas are not in charge of security - this is in the hands of the Police at each airport.

There are normally inflight personnel making the last-second check of carry-ons but, in this instance, there was nobody from either the police or Aerolíneas until I walked up the gangplank and onto the plane.

I fly abroad 2-3 times a month. I notice fares of Aerolineas are always 200-400 cheaper than the nearest competitor. So though their service, manners, on-board entertainment really sucks, but i always save on money when buying their tickets.

its appalling that most of their flights do not have on board entertainment facilities!

Most of their airhostesses have such harsh faces. I feel scared just looking at them and trying to meet their eye!

Ceviche this is normal in all the air lines, they make you turn off your devices dosn't matter if they are in plane mode, i have had many rude airhostess because of that when i was living in Europe so is not a Argentines Airlines exclusive problem.

What you say about "Most of their airhostesses have such harsh faces. I feel scared just looking at them and trying to meet their eye!" is because they are for sure people of the campora jaja

Ceviche this is normal in all the air lines, they make you turn off your devices dosn't matter if they are in plane mode, i have had many rude airhostess because of that when i was living in Europe so is not a Argentines Airlines exclusive problem.

What you say about "Most of their airhostesses have such harsh faces. I feel scared just looking at them and trying to meet their eye!" is because they are for sure people of the campora jaja

How soon will they simply rename it "Aerocámpora?"

what is '[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]people of the campora" . sorry for being ignorant.[/background]

Instead of opening a new thread, here goes my question:

Next month, I intend to fly with a 4 months baby to Bariloche (then driving to El Bolson and around).

Is a craddle/moses basket allowed in the cabin?
It's a Peg Perego model like this one
FABRIC_00000156_LARGE_00000179.jpg

Also, what would experienced parents recommend? We intend to spend 4 days/3 nights there with the 4 months baby and I wonder what to bring exactly for the baby.

I have this kind of thing (don't know the name in English, sorry) that allows you to move around with the baby on your stomach (top quality stuff, very comfortable, I don't mind spending 4 hours holding the baby that way). That's like a backpack around your shoulders, but the baby is on your stomach.
Baby can sleep in the bed with us but when going to a restaurant, we'll definitely need some kind of craddle.

Any advice including the two top priorities (baby's comfort + lightweight/no need for unnecessary stuff) is welcome. I'll need to move around quite a bit in the area (searching for a plot of land), so that's another criteria.

Thanks

I found this on their website. They provide bassinettes for babies, but I'm not sure if you can use your own. If not, you can always reserve one with Aerolineas Argentinas and check the one you have with the rest of the luggage.
  • BASSINETT/CARRY COT
0.gif
0.gif

Bassinette may be requested for infants up to 10kgs in weight and under 70cms in lenth. The request may only be for AIRBUS(A340/300-A340/200).
As this service (BSCT) for the moment is not available for the entire Airbus fleet, the reservation is conditional. The reservation must be requested 24hours prior to the departure of the flight and is not guarantead for the booked fligt.

http://www.aerolineas.com.ar/arg/main.asp?idSitio=AR&idPagina=22&idIdioma=en

Back