Aerolineas, we're through

Davidglen77 said:
First it's totally crazy that Argentina would have its own airline. There is no way that this country's government is capable of running an airline. Any organization that is touched by the government here is top heavy, TOTALLY rife with corruption, inefficient and always yes always a money losing proposition. I love many Argentine people, and unfortunately Argentina has such a bad reputation ALL OVER THE WORLD for exactly things like this whole airline fiasco, corralito, dictadura militar, guerra de las malvinas, and so many other horrible incidents over the past 50-60 years it's incredible. I've been here for 5 years, I have a lot of love for this country and it's people in spite of the many times I have suffered here, however the government is nothing but a snake pit and a band of theives. I think the worst is Mauricio Macri and his corrupt group and the national government, while at least you can see some progress, each time they do something that is perceived as "good" for the people they seem to always follow up with something more horrible and restrictive each time. God help us.

There is two kind of people in this country the ones you named in which Macri is included in that disgraceful bunch and the good, honest and hardworking people which is keeping this country afloat regardless, the problem is that these baddies are a reduced minority that hold the many top strategic positions in this society (always have been like that) that are the ones who make hard for everyone else. How do you think this country still a country after all the disasters it had supported, for less than that many countries in the world do not exist anymore. You said it all when mentioned the last 50 years until 2003, those times were of total chaos..
David the national government, this national government, still the best chance this country have after a very long time in the darkness and is forging ahead for a change in attitudes in all that you mentioned above, amen all the forces that are pushing against for those goals just because they are son of the bitches without any better things to do, just pure and simple malice they want to continue with that same 'things' that you, I and the vast majority of the Argentines wish to be eradicated for good from this society and country.
Big job this president have in front of her and the bastards are trying very hard for this not to be a success. Please David help her as many are doing and don't get involved with the hateful messages of those who may ill advice you in modeling your conclusions.

Lucas said:
It was one of the best in the world until the neoliberal idea privatized it, from then on went all the way to the pits.

So you're saying that privatization started the downturn and now the current government is wholly responsible for it continuing to suck.

So why doesn't the government bring it out of the pits? Please explain. Thanks.

suerte

Napoleon said:
So you're saying that privatization started the downturn and now the current government is wholly responsible for it continuing to suck.

So why doesn't the government bring it out of the pits? Please explain. Thanks.

suerte

What do you think they are trying to do right now?, actually since they took charge of it in 2008. Look around the world the airline business and you will have an idea how hard it is to run one in a way for this to be efficient and profitable, summed to this if you have read a bit this Argentine Airline was pirated, emptied, scrapped and stripped of everything by the Spaniards to support they own flagship Iberia airlines, no airplanes, no spares, no pilots training facilities and equipment, no nothing they sold and scrapped everything, the government did have to start and rebuild this airline from scratch and on top of that paid the salaries of the staff that was due in the last six month after they took control, the Spaniards didn't paid that either. Things have changed and now will improve but such was the damage they did in the privatization debacle that this will take time to rebuild the reputation, services and infrastructure that in one time was the envy of many world class airlines.

Lucas, I didn't know that.

All I "knew" was that some 30 year old scruffy haired "dude" was in charge and he looked no more prepared to run an airline than to manage a shoe store.

Oh, and I also "knew" that Aerolineas could only fly rented planes to Spain because of defaulted loans (or unpaid buyout fees?), Spain would confiscate any Aerolineas planes to cover unpaid debts.

Oh, and I also "knew" that Aerolineas' flights are virtually always late. And often 1 to 3 hours late.

Not saying that all of these are facts, but it was the "truth" that I believed. I could very well be wrong, because all of those "truths" were learned by word of mouth vs actual news media.

In 2009, Aerolineas canceled my flight from Miami to BA two days prior to my trip, forcing me to change my ENTIRE schedule and opt for a LAN flight that was almost 30% more expensive due to my last minute booking. There is no way in hell that I'd ever fly with Aerolineas, nationally or internationally.

Thanks bradlyhale for this, that will prove my point on this subject.
Napoleon you see how the reputation and the customers went to the competency and as Bradlyhale decided to ditch this airline, that happens when you sell the jewels of the family to the crooks of the neo-liberalism. Big job to have the reputation back not to mention the customers.

Bradlyhale hope you are not taking this so unilaterally and in the future when things improve come back to flight with us again.
Aerolineas Argentinas tu compania.

Napoleon said:
Lucas, I didn't know that.

All I "knew" was that some 30 year old scruffy haired "dude" was in charge and he looked no more prepared to run an airline than to manage a shoe store.

Oh, and I also "knew" that Aerolineas could only fly rented planes to Spain because of defaulted loans (or unpaid buyout fees?), Spain would confiscate any Aerolineas planes to cover unpaid debts.

Oh, and I also "knew" that Aerolineas' flights are virtually always late. And often 1 to 3 hours late.

Not saying that all of these are facts, but it was the "truth" that I believed. I could very well be wrong, because all of those "truths" were learned by word of mouth vs actual news media.
That is what happens when you read Clarin, La Nazion, Perfil or listen TN (Todo Negative) they will tell you a dark and obscure tale of a fiction story suitable only for 5 years old kids, is after you to believe it or not. I'm presuming that you are not a 5 years old but a grow up young chap who is interested on what really happened to this airline but there are a lot of people who don't are interested and don't care whatsoever about the fate and future of this flag carrier airline they will disperse to the for corners of the world whatever those newspapers tell them to repeat like parrots, and this is no joke it will travel far and wide just because Clarin or La Nazion said so. Good on you for getting informed at least by listening a dissident little voice in the cosmos of internet.

Lucas said:
What do you think they are trying to do right now?, actually since they took charge of it in 2008. Look around the world the airline business and you will have an idea how hard it is to run one in a way for this to be efficient and profitable, summed to this if you have read a bit this Argentine Airline was pirated, emptied, scrapped and stripped of everything by the Spaniards to support they own flagship Iberia airlines, no airplanes, no spares, no pilots training facilities and equipment, no nothing they sold and scrapped everything, the government did have to start and rebuild this airline from scratch and on top of that paid the salaries of the staff that was due in the last six month after they took control, the Spaniards didn't paid that either. Things have changed and now will improve but such was the damage they did in the privatization debacle that this will take time to rebuild the reputation, services and infrastructure that in one time was the envy of many world class airlines.
Exactly............AA was raped and looted by the Spanish after Mr M sold them off for pennies [and personally pocketed over 20 million dollars]. At that time AA was the envy of the airline industry regarding spare parts and engine inventory which they paid cash for and used as business hedge against inflation and the ability to control maintenance schedules. I began flying AA in 1987 from LA to BA and I can tell you it was a pleasure to fly the company. That LA flight crew was spot-on great and they were damn proud of their 747s. Unfortunately, today I would not set foot on an AA flight.

You all will fly AA again. Axel (AA´s vice-president) can look as a teen with adult clothes, but he is not a young inexperienced bureaucrat. The guy is a brilliant (heterodox) economist that probably has lots of ideas of how to take the airline to the skies, and the fact that AA still exists at all is probably in part thanks to people like him. It has been two years, lets meet again in 8-10 more and will see who was right.

Maybe. I hope someone with "ideas" and ideals can be heard in crowd of fools.

Back