Aerolineas, we're through

A personnal preference: I don't care how old my flight attendants are, as long as I am getting served by someone who is muy simpático , obliging and professional.

I am uneasy about hiring practices that discriminate on age unless it hinders the capacity of a person do a job.

As for only hiring good looking people, I am uneasy about that too, even though I love eye candy, but am mulling it over.

My friend from the states is coming down here to go to Patagonia with me. He had no choice but to book his returning flight to BsAs through Aerolineas. He booked it last week, the flight is over 2 months away and THEY'VE ALREADY CHANGED THE FLIGHT TWICE, including a change of airports (AEP to EZE).

El Duderino said:
My friend from the states is coming down here to go to Patagonia with me. He had no choice but to book his returning flight to BsAs through Aerolineas. He booked it last week, the flight is over 2 months away and THEY'VE ALREADY CHANGED THE FLIGHT TWICE, including a change of airports (AEP to EZE).

You´ll have better luck flying on a magic carpet!

And then IF his flight takes off, count on it being hours and hours late.

When I have flown Aerolineas - once the flight took off or should I say IF the flight took off, it was actually a nice trip - great service, friendly staff, etc.

However I stopped flying them b/c if there is one certainty with Aerolineas, it is that you will have a problem with your flight. Late, canceled, etc. Not worth it, I'll gladly pay more to know I can get somewhere on time (or at all).

El Duderino said:

The new terminal up so as an improvement for international connections many flights will be out of EZE to avoid the " shuttle " to AEP. Is the first time they're thinking and doing something smart regarding flight's connections. As a plus Cordoba, Rosario and I believe is Bahia Blanca are getting free ticket connecting from and to EZE. The company flights also where private companies don't go beacuse is not profitable
http://es-es.facebook.com/pages/Mariano-Recalde/105174467870

http://news.delta.com/index.php?s=43&item=1198

http://news.delta.com/index.php?s=43&item=1425

I read recently, that AAn is considereing discontinuing their flights to Europe, Australia and other destinations that aren't profitable. I flew them once years ago. I thought that the stewardess (that's what they were called in around 1951) was in the ( sorry, I just can't say cockpit, as this is a family blog) with the flight crew for the entire flight.

So, I had to book a flight through Aerolineas from Patagonia, LAN wasn't an option for where I needed to go.

I checked my bank account and was charged a foreign transaction fee of 3%. This is normal for grocery purchases and the like. I know Aerolineas is only based out of Argentina, but I find this odd for an online purchase like this.

Has anyone experienced this? Can I fight it? I could have just booked the damned thing on expedia and not have gotten charged 3%.

El Duderino said:
So, I had to book a flight through Aerolineas from Patagonia, LAN wasn't an option for where I needed to go.

I checked my bank account and was charged a foreign transaction fee of 3%. This is normal for grocery purchases and the like. I know Aerolineas is only based out of Argentina, but I find this odd for an online purchase like this.

Has anyone experienced this? Can I fight it? I could have just booked the damned thing on expedia and not have gotten charged 3%.
If you paid with a non-Argentine credit card this is to be expected for all purchases which are denominated in foreign currency.

Back