Aerolineas, we're through

starlucia

Registered
Well. I stuck it out with them for 2 long years, but between this and this and that, looks like I won't be flying with them ever again. Shame, since their flights to Europe are usually $200-800 cheaper (with double the baggage allowance) than any other airline.

If you continue reading Clarin you never will fly again in any 'thing' from Argentine, and that is a fact. To try to screw the government because they do not bend over to comply and accept their 'orders'...that is the way they operate, a cast apart of society.

Worst airline that I've ever had to deal with.
(based on personal experience, not based on reading Clarin...)

It was one of the best in the world until the neoliberal idea privatized it, from then on went all the way to the pits.

starlucia said:

So what, the pilot heard "Alpha Charlie Tango" and he understood "Quieres Bailar un Tango ?". :p

More seriously, it's a non-debate (see within the last 24 hours --> http://www.businessweek.com/news/2011-11-25/air-france-a340-flew-with-missing-screws-after-shop-visit.html and Air France has a solid reputation, not as good as Lufthansa though).

And about Lucas post, while I don't know how Aerolinas Argentinas worked before, I indeed am pissed off that Air France undergoes major plane inspections in China. That would be the real news for me --> same link http://www.businessweek.com/news/2011-11-25/air-france-a340-flew-with-missing-screws-after-shop-visit.html

And before bashing France, it's not the only country to send planes there for verification.

Indeed there's a lack of regulation (call it like you wish, neoliberalism, whatever, lol) but there's a big human&political problem --> Air France seems to save money on one side but France (just an example --> apply to your country) also loses jobs, income taxes and such.

Indeed it's cheaper in China to do that, but for what result ?
If China is chosen, is it because of neoliberalism or higher salarial costs in our countries? (same coin/two sides to me).

Vast debate, anyway biased question because you run higher risks to get hit by a car in BA, and you'll still be walking out.

Year 2001...

About 750 Qantas maintenance workers in Sydney walked off the job for 24 hours, but their strike was not expected to interrupt flights.

Maintenance workers voted for the strike because of concerns about job security and the outsourcing of maintenance work at the jet base, unions said.

The strike was the first in 10 years to affect Qantas' entire Sydney maintenance operations.

Qantas executive general manager of aircraft operations David Forsyth said the airline had decided to send four RB211-524G engines to the engine manufacturer in Hong Kong for repair because the airline's Mascot jet base facility was at capacity.

Year 2006....

MAXINE MCKEW, LATELINE PRESENTER: Qantas maintenance workers rallied in three cities today, claiming the airline had broken its commitment not to send maintenance work overseas. Unions are also upset over pay negotiations, saying workers are being told to accept pay cuts or jobs will go to China. A dispute with Qantas pilots is also brewing after a warning that they too will need to shoulder some of the burden of making the airline more competitive.

Year 2011...

All Qantas LAME Members - Notice 035/2011 -
1) EA9 Protected Action Ballot
2) Outsourcing Continues

On 12 May 2011 “Licenced Engineers' Union Puts Passengers Last - Sydney, - Qantas has been forced to cancel 31 flights affecting around 2500 passengers and delay another 46 flights during tomorrow's morning-peak, as a result of union-led industrial action from licensed engineers. “

October 2011...

RINGS of industrial fire are increasingly encircling Qantas management, with Jetstar becoming the latest part of the airline group to be slapped with work bans.

It comes as Qantas aircraft maintenance engineers yesterday deferred their planned strikes at the 11th hour, but the airline had already been forced to cancel or delay the flights of 11,000 travellers.

Qantas yesterday cancelled 40 flights, delayed or rescheduled another 24, some by more than three hours, and brought forward 14 others to cope, while 11 flights today have already been cancelled.
Video

As you can see this is a widespread problem all over the world not only here or in France, the problem is everywhere and if everyone does it what are your perspectives to survive, never mind in succeed in the business, at the end is a financial and political decision of the government of turn if the country support or not a flag carrier to continue in the air and representing the country. I personally in my opinion the technical and maintenance part of this industry should be keep in the country, once you lost the ability to do that it is lost if not for ever for a long time until new personnel is trained in these very special task and probably take another generation to accomplish.

starlucia said:
Well. I stuck it out with them for 2 long years, but between this and this and that, looks like I won't be flying with them ever again. Shame, since their flights to Europe are usually $200-800 cheaper (with double the baggage allowance) than any other airline.

Denial

Aerolineas Argentinas denies Clarin's alleged and supposed accident

The flagship airline launched an official statement warning of "systematic lies" the newspaper Clarín to damage passenger confidence in the company. It's about a story published yesterday on a supposed crash in Miami.

Aerolineas Argentinas - Official Statement

'Again Clarín published a lie about Aerolineas Argentinas'

First it's totally crazy that Argentina would have its own airline. There is no way that this country's government is capable of running an airline. Any organization that is touched by the government here is top heavy, TOTALLY rife with corruption, inefficient and always yes always a money losing proposition. I love many Argentine people, and unfortunately Argentina has such a bad reputation ALL OVER THE WORLD for exactly things like this whole airline fiasco, corralito, dictadura militar, guerra de las malvinas, and so many other horrible incidents over the past 50-60 years it's incredible. I've been here for 5 years, I have a lot of love for this country and it's people in spite of the many times I have suffered here, however the government is nothing but a snake pit and a band of theives. I think the worst is Mauricio Macri and his corrupt group and the national government, while at least you can see some progress, each time they do something that is perceived as "good" for the people they seem to always follow up with something more horrible and restrictive each time. God help us.

I think the best thing about Aerolineas Argentinas is the fact that they provide flights OUT of Argentina so their people can enjoy a short vacation away from the corruption. It's just so sad...so so sad for the good, warm, hard-working people of Argentina.

Back