Afip Raises Tourist Credit Card Tax To 35%

When i use my uk based card outside the uk , the exchange rate us calculated each day - so there will be many different rates of exchange on the one statement.

As far as I can see the Argentine system is different - your dollar purchases are totaled and exchanged into pesos the day the statement is issued . Can make a huge diffeence. Pity the poor people half way through a visit to Sawgrass......

No sweat, in July 2014 for the winter vacations the Dollar Turista will be $10,38 ..!! what will the rate be for the BLUE... :confused:

Infobae news , google translator

According to official dollar calculated by MAE , in June 2014 the official rate will reach $ 7.51, adding 35% tax, a $ 10.13 dollar tourist shows. Moreover, for those who fall behind in purchasing tour packages and they would do so in July, that dollar would climb to $ 10.38 ($ 7.69 plus 35%).

In a week, the official rate has climbed 10 cents. If it continues at the same rhythm, the official rate could easily be near 8 pesos by March or April.

So much for "No habrá una devaluación.."

In a week, the official rate has climbed 10 cents. If it continues at the same rhythm, the official rate could easily be near 8 pesos by March or April.

So much for "No habrá una devaluación.."

Ssssshhh

No devaulation here, nothing to see, move along now folks, absolutely no devaluation whatsoever going on here. At all. None of it.

Was it George Bush Sr who once said 'No more new taxes!' .... or something along those lines....?

Was it George Bush Sr who once said 'No more new taxes!' .... or something along those lines....?

Haha, yes I believe it was! if I recall, the exact quote was "Read my lips. No new taxes."

Haha, yes I believe it was! if I recall, the exact quote was "Read my lips. No new taxes."

And didn't he suffer an embarrassing defeat the next time around (370 electoral votes, 32 states and DC for Clinton as opposed to 168 electoral votes and 18 states for Bush)?

Let's all hold our breaths for people to do the same to liars here in Argentina...and remember, when your face starts turning blue, its not dangerous, its just the excitement building up!

Back