Again: Who Much Do You Pay Your Cleaner?

The two guys seems to be very correct. Laws in Argentina require that you also pay for vacation, sick leave, holidays and when you lay them off, you should pay indenmizacion. Also, as mentioned, you need to pay for accident insurance and i am sure a few more things

If you don't do it correctly, at some point you may get sued. They will claim they worked full time, even though they may have worked a few hours a week.

I decided to hire a company and I let them pay for everything that employees are entitled to. As a result I pay maybe ten or more dollars per hour but I avoid future problems. At least I hope so

Labor laws in Argentina are tough but perhaps that's one reason why there is a middle class. Keep it legal and avoid future headaches

I cannot help you as this issue clearly falls under the domain of domestic which is the sole responsibility of my wife. Our cleaning girl is a University student , and half the houses she cleans are friends of the wife. I think she is great.

I pay 35 an hour for she works 5 days a week for 6 hours per day and Saturdays 4 hours//

I decided to hire a company and I let them pay for everything that employees are entitled to. As a result I pay maybe ten or more dollars per hour but I avoid future problems. At least I hope so

Ojo with that though. My MIL did exactly that for one of the companies for the laborers. Turns out the company never paid what they were supposed to (even though they were charging her for it) and when one of the guys got hurt, she at the end of the day had to pay out a huge settlement even through they weren't her employee. She's suing the middle company but probably won't ever see the money back. Lesson learned, maybe ask for proof that the company is paying all the mandatory taxes on the employees. Just a thought.

- Caretaker: $36 /hr, $4654 /mo
- Caretaker (residing at the household): $40 /hr, $5187 /mo
- Housekeeper: $33 /hr, $4186 /mo
- Housekeeper (residing at the household): $36 /hr, $4654 /mo

Again, these are minimums, which are nowhere near livable wages, so consider paying well above it.

So if you consider those monthly salaries nowhere near livable wage for a f/t housekeeping job - what would you consider fair out of curiosity?

Ojo with that though. My MIL did exactly that for one of the companies for the laborers. Turns out the company never paid what they were supposed to (even though they were charging her for it) and when one of the guys got hurt, she at the end of the day had to pay out a huge settlement even through they weren't her employee. She's suing the middle company but probably won't ever see the money back. Lesson learned, maybe ask for proof that the company is paying all the mandatory taxes on the employees. Just a thought.

Not only that, even if you you ask this company to give you the receipts after they the monthly cargas sociales, aportes, ART, seguro de vida, you might end up paying more in the long run. I had someone that would pay all those things for me, and years later, the union informed me that I owed thousands of pesos late payments. If I were you, I wouldn't trust anyone to give them that responsibility.

City girl and nlaruccia

Both of you have raised very good warnings. I was trying to avoid problems by hiring a company and maybe I have created a bigger one!

Maybe I will just do the cleaning along with my wife. More work but fewer problems!

I pay 45 plus 10 transportation. I am hiking up the rate to 50 this coming week.

Same question: anybody who can recommend a cleaner for 3 hours every 14 days? I live in San Telmo.
I decided to get rid of the lady now she wants so much more money.
Just make sure she is / was en blanco all of this time she worked for you...

Back