Air Conditioning

That's why you need qualified personnel for split air conditioning installation. It's not recommended to use extension cords for these air conditioning units as doing so reduces the ampere flow to the unit and can severely reduces it's efficiency and lifespan. Also be sure not to cut the plug off and hard-wire the unit to the electrical supply, doing this automatically voids the warranty. Once again, get qualified personnel to do this job. I used this company to do several installations over the years and everything was done perfectly and a few of the installations were quite complicated, others were simple. http://c-termomecanica.com/index.php

So you didnt do your installations with the people who sold your AC?
Did you lose your warranty?

So you didnt do your installations with the people who sold your AC?
Did you lose your warranty?
You had better check with the store that sells you the unit. You may invalidate your extended warranty if you do this, but not the manufacturers warranty (which is generally only 1 year anyway). I bought a unit from this company and had them install and service it. Others I bought from Falabella and had this company install them, and the warranty was not voided as far as I know. I sold the last apartment I had them install units in, and as far as I know all is working well still. Where I moved to there was already a unit installed that came included with the apartment. Again I am a proponent of qualified installers and you are not, you prefer handymen to do the job, that is your prerogative, but most of us do not have that mindset and would not recommend this to others.

That's why you need qualified personnel for split air conditioning installation. It's not recommended to use extension cords for these air conditioning units as doing so reduces the ampere flow to the unit and can severely reduces it's efficiency and lifespan. Also be sure not to cut the plug off and hard-wire the unit to the electrical supply, doing this automatically voids the warranty. Once again, get qualified personnel to do this job. I used this company to do several installations over the years and everything was done perfectly and a few of the installations were quite complicated, others were simple. http://c-termomecanica.com/index.php

I went to this web site but it looks like the only way to contact them is by email. No phone number or address or am I missing something?

I went to this web site but it looks like the only way to contact them is by email. No phone number or address or am I missing something?
Yes, I just looked and it seems the phone number is not on the website. Here you go:

Lic. Pedro M. CATASUS

C-TERMOMECANICA

tel: 54-11-4712-2447

cel: 54-11-15-4-429-5141

You had better check with the store that sells you the unit. You may invalidate your extended warranty if you do this, but not the manufacturers warranty (which is generally only 1 year anyway). I bought a unit from this company and had them install and service it. Others I bought from Falabella and had this company install them, and the warranty was not voided as far as I know. I sold the last apartment I had them install units in, and as far as I know all is working well still. Where I moved to there was already a unit installed that came included with the apartment. Again I am a proponent of qualified installers and you are not, you prefer handymen to do the job, that is your prerogative, but most of us do not have that mindset and would not recommend this to others.

You missunderstood. I never said a handyman was the best option. In fact, on the contrary, I wrote TWICE that the best option is to install it with the people who sell your AC. I just wanted to tell my experiences, both, without this people and with people I knew. How cheap it was and how well it still works. Nothing else than that.

It's also a good idea to check that they will connect it to the electricity supply.
Twice we've had aircon fitted where the blokes went home leaving the plug dangling from the wall.
On the last occasion, I did the electrical connection myself.

How did they confirm that it was installed and working properly if they didn't even plug it in?

He used the Argentine trick of stripping back a mains lead, taping live and neutral to the large plug from the unit a la Heath Robinson and whacking the other end of the lead into the wall socket.
When he was satisfied that the unit was indeed functioning according to spec, he disconnected the arrangement and packed up.
I had a few choice words with him, to no avail.

He used the Argentine trick of stripping back a mains lead, taping live and neutral to the large plug from the unit a la Heath Robinson and whacking the other end of the lead into the wall socket.
When he was satisfied that the unit was indeed functioning according to spec, he disconnected the arrangement and packed up.
I had a few choice words with him, to no avail.

There was a time when I would have said that's incredible, unbelievable. Now it doesn't even merit a shrug.

I just bought and installed one a week ago, I live in a small 2 bedroom (about 45 sq. mts.) I bought a BGH Silent Air, its 3000 frigorias and it does a great job, it cost me 3900 pesos. My friend recommended an installer whom I called to do the job for me, he said it would cost anywhere from 800-1200 pesos for installation but when he came and saw where and what he had to do he said 900.

can you send me the contact of the installer? we just bought one today and am dying to have it installed tomorrow!
also if anyone can send me contacts, it would be great! more chance to have it this weekend!

Back