Need to repair a Fridge and Air Conditioning unit

jez

Registered
The recent electric outages have fried my Air Conditioning units and Fridge, does anyone have any recommendations of people/companies that do house calls for repairs? The apartment is in Palermo Soho.

thanks

I know that the doorman that lives accross the street from my house is very good at fixing fridges and a/cs. I will be able to get that info to you on Monday afternoon, if we are lucky and he is not on vacations. I also live in Palermo, next to Palermo Soho.

Reactions: jez
Anyone else got any more recommendations?

jez said:
The recent electric outages have fried my Air Conditioning units and Fridge, does anyone have any recommendations of people/companies that do house calls for repairs? The apartment is in Palermo Soho.

thanks

Don't know how old they are, could they still be under warranty? Perhaps you could check with a store that sells appliances and get a recommendation for a company to do the repairs.

Well the tecnico who told me the plaqueta was broken (no call out charge) is at this number: 4582-8099.....think it was Hernan. No charge as couldn't be fixed but we paid 40 for his time.

Beware because the previous tecnico at another company told me I needed freon which was not true but I paid a 100 peso deposit and lost it when I changed my mind and told him not to put it in the next day. This cool blog diagnoses fridge problems and gives the freon sellf-check:

http://fridgeman.wordpress.com/2008/06/08/simple-ways-to-know-if-your-fridge-is-low-on-freon/

Reactions: jez
gouchobob said:
Don't know how old they are, could they still be under warranty? Perhaps you could check with a store that sells appliances and get a recommendation for a company to do the repairs.

5 years old, and I live in Bariloche so trying to do this remotely!

Back