Airbnb payments in USD

I'm a newly arrived tourist from the U.S. I found a hotel online, but the website I used generates the price in USD by taking the hotel's ARS rate and converting to dollars at the official exchange rate. So I talked to the hotel owner who told me his exchange rate (not quite the blue rate, but okay) and I paid cash USD.
I'd like to use Airbnb to rent a short term apartment but Airbnb doesn't allow cash payment. So the question is, how does Airbnb generate the listed price for an apartment? I tried emailing an Airbnb apartment owner here in BA and asking if I could pay cash, but they said no. I guess I'm still in the dark. Is it possible for a dollar-based person like me to rent an Airbnb and get the blue rate?
I have a flat I rent through Airbnb one thing you can try is to rent some days by Airbnb and if the owner agrees to rent outside Airbnb and pay cash but they usually wants dollars but it all depends on the person. In my case I have Payoneer but I have to go to an atm in Uruguay to get dollar bills. Thousands of owners are willing to rent a flat and there are good ones at good price I have seen apartments in new blocks with excellent style and swimming pool for 20 or even less and well located.

hello, dear expats! I travel thru the Latin America and Europe for last 10 years))) And the best working my life-hack for cheap renting was this one and staying this one: rent a room for 1 night and insist on the live meet with the flat-owner to talk tet-a-tet. So in Latin America owners ALWAYS make a discount 15-20% from the price of Booking or airBNB, sometimes even more than 30-40% in some villages, i mean if you rent outside the booking-sites. And if you pay in advance for 3-6 months so you can get a real good discount even MORE then 20-25% because of season rates.

NEver be afraid, Do not be afraid of fkng site rules, they will never cancel membership neither owner neither tenant within the airBNB and alike.

hello, dear expats! I travel thru the Latin America and Europe for last 10 years))) And the best working my life-hack for cheap renting was this one and staying this one: rent a room for 1 night and insist on the live meet with the flat-owner to talk tet-a-tet. So in Latin America owners ALWAYS make a discount 15-20% from the price of Booking or airBNB, sometimes even more than 30-40% in some villages, i mean if you rent outside the booking-sites. And if you pay in advance for 3-6 months so you can get a real good discount even MORE then 20-25% because of season rates.

A big point of using airbnb is that you are somewhat protected since owners want to avoid repercussions from the platform. Treating directly with someone you just met is just asking for trouble.

I make deals with landlords as well but I personally would never pay anything in advance.

zero chance i would ever prepay something in advance for 6 months 1:1. that is why the platform exists, to protect everyone.

if it worked for you great, but you were fortunate.

A
I have a flat I rent through Airbnb one thing you can try is to rent some days by Airbnb and if the owner agrees to rent outside Airbnb and pay cash but they usually wants dollars but it all depends on the person. In my case I have Payoneer but I have to go to an atm in Uruguay to get dollar bills. Thousands of owners are willing to rent a flat and there are good ones at good price I have seen apartments in new blocks with excellent style and swimming pool for 20 or even less and well located.
those good flats can be found through airbnb or where?

A big point of using airbnb is that you are somewhat protected since owners want to avoid repercussions from the platform. Treating directly with someone you just met is just asking for trouble.

I am talking about saving money. 200-300 USD$ x 6 months = 1200-1 USD $ is a nice bonus for me. If you believe that airBnb will help you,, mmmmm, i didn't have any problems yet ))))

I am talking about saving money. 200-300 USD$ x 6 months = 1200-1 USD $ is a nice bonus for me. If you believe that airBnb will help you,, mmmmm, i didn't have any problems yet ))))

What's stopping the owner from just kicking you out, exactly? Or ignoring you if you want something fixed? Etc.

i'm glad it's worked so far for you, but as the saying goes "past performance is no guarantee of future results"

Back