Airbnb payments in USD

Alas. Airbnb is in the same boat with the hotels, official rate. Sucks big time as both the owners and the tourists get screwed over and the govt take half, but they can't accept cash - it's against Airbnb rules. The only way you can pay cash is to know the owner and arrange with them outside of aribnb, but you have to know them wel land trsut them and vs versa, which is only possible when staying long term or multiple times in the same place. Look ate craigslist and soloduenos, they take cash and wil lnegotiate
You could rent a flat for sometime and then speak with the owner and try to get a deal many would be interested

But how he will do the kick out thing?
You need court's order for this
Technically, but I doubt a newly arrived tourist is going to be navigating the legal system. If the relationship with the owner goes sour for any reason that can become a ruined trip.

I've made informal deals before but only with owners who I've already stayed with for at least a few months. Doing it right away would be asking for trouble

What is on your side is that there are hundreds of flats well located and on Airbnb owners are eager to rent out their flats and reviews is a good tool that you can use so nobody wants a bad review. I have been renting my flat for many years some of them Im still in touch with and are good friends. Only once I had a bad experience with two boys in their 20s they went to Salta but forgot to mention that there was a leak from the flat above. Well I had to do the ceiling but that was my only big problem in many years. I didnt accept them when they wanted the flat again.

Small Details to bear in mind when renting via Airbnb, before you arrive.
Wifi availability 24 hours nonstop and quality of service..? Windows facing Front , Rear or an inside shaft ? (Pulmón), Needing to have lights on 24-7. AirCon heat-cold operating in good condition.

You can ask the owner all the details like internet speed and if the windows face front or rear. I have showef my flat before because I don't want to have someone who doesn't like the though I know is against the rules.

You can ask the owner all the details like internet speed and if the windows face front or rear. I have showef my flat before because I don't want to have someone who doesn't like the though I know is against the rules.

Some foreigners assume if it's listed among the services provided it works fine ?. Particularly the daylight available. If you ask the owner by mail he will claim it's perfect.
YOU have Showed your flat before... Seems like a good practice

I ask a owner on airbnb to show me a flat in Puerto Madero before paying. Said I needed to verify location, internet speed, how hot the water is, etc. Said I wasn't willing to rent long term without verifying. The owner didn't want to do it so I didn't rent it.

I ask a owner on airbnb to show me a flat in Puerto Madero before paying. Said I needed to verify location, internet speed, how hot the water is, etc. Said I wasn't willing to rent long term without verifying. The owner didn't want to do it so I didn't rent it.

Good way to check the features before committing, if you are already in B.A.

Back