Airbnb payments in USD

or you could just rent it a day or two, then see how you feel about it?

I know Airbnb doesn't want owners to show the flats but I don't have anything to hide and I want to have an owner that is happy with the flat I also tell them they have 24 hours to go back with the rental. Why on earth should I have someone that doesn't like the flat.....it doesn't make sense to me. I have had people for 3 year or 3 months many are still friends I prefer to work that way. If a guest says he wants to look for another place it is his choice. You did well in not renting the flat the situation was annoying. I show the flat but is against Airbnb rules

I know Airbnb doesn't want owners to show the flats but I don't have anything to hide and I want to have an owner that is happy with the flat I also tell them they have 24 hours to go back with the rental. Why on earth should I have someone that doesn't like the flat.....it doesn't make sense to me. I have had people for 3 year or 3 months many are still friends I prefer to work that way. If a guest says he wants to look for another place it is his choice. You did well in not renting the flat the situation was annoying. I show the flat but is against Airbnb rules

A large percentage of Airbnb rentals are agreed by tenants that are overseas ? before arrival. As someone suggested one could book for a few days for trial. What is the refund policy if upon arrival a passenger desires NOT to stay?

Yes you could rent forca few days but as soon as possible do the booking because someone could rent it before. Refund policy can be flexible or strict. In my case is flexible but Airbnb asked me what I wanted to do when someone cancelled for the pandemia. I agreed in a full refund but you can check this out on Airbnb and if you should have a doubt ask the owner.

The problem is that airbnb almost always side with the owner. I tried to back out of a 2 week rental because there were a lot of ants in the apartment. Airbnb said it wasn't a big enough reason and wouldn't cancel. And then the owner left a negative review because I complained. Airbnb didn't want to remove the review until I tried to delete my account.

You had the rightvto complain. Once it happened the same to me I went to the flat put some good gel for roaches and they disappeared in two days and that was it. I apologized to the tennants we both had an excellent relationship. He left a good a good review and I did the same. No mention of te incident. I don't waste time I try to fix it.

Once I couldn't fix it as it was a water heater difficult to find someone to fix it I apologized and gave in cash the equivalent to one week rental and no arguments at all. When she was gone I changed the water heater and to my surprise the guest wanted to book again. Try to find somebody that like doing this job yes it is hard

Alas. Airbnb is in the same boat with the hotels, official rate. Sucks big time as both the owners and the tourists get screwed over and the govt take half, but they can't accept cash - it's against Airbnb rules. The only way you can pay cash is to know the owner and arrange with them outside of aribnb, but you have to know them wel land trsut them and vs versa, which is only possible when staying long term or multiple times in the same place. Look ate craigslist and soloduenos, they take cash and wil lnegotiate
Many owners have Payoneer as well
Airbnb offers Payoneer for free to owners.

How to rent a flat without agency comission ?

here is my own life-hack how to rent without agent commission in Buenos Aires.
because i feel getting screwed when these lazy agent asses try to take from me 100% of a price (Mes de honorarios).

Seems, if i wanna rent a house for 3 months, house must cost 500 $ usd x 3 months = 1500 $. But they want to charge me plus 500 $ usd. So the price is getting more expensive by 33%. And if I will change three flats in a year, so they are ordering me to pay three times? They are so brazen.
I got two ways to pay less

1) remember, you always have a right bargain, you can pay just 20-30% of the one month price, if you rent for any time, it doesn't matter. You should tell this ONLY AFTER estimation of the flat. I mean, you can tell this straight: i dont want to pay 100%, but i can pay 20% of honorarios. So you should bargain for your money.

2) you can take the phone of the owner and talk to him directly. If there are no owner on the reviewing the flat, this wouldnt work, of coz. But you can search for the same pictures on google or yandex for matching same pictures. And you can find the same ad on other sources directly from owner. if there are another tenant, while you are reviewing the flat so this is a luck, you should take a phone ore social link of the tenant, later you can ask a phone of owner and call and explain the situation.

i have never payed any commission for renting a flat, but i have moved between 30 countries and more than 50 nice apartments, for last 20 years)) I always rent from the direct owner )). I am sure that taking such crazy commissions are very unfair and stinky, especially for renting simple flats.
We should support honest direct owner who lease there flats directly ))).

Back