Airfare Inside Argentina

If Aerolineas charges domestic surcharges to foreigners I have never seen them. I just got return tickets from AEP to Mendoza for $70 a month ago.

If Aerolineas charges domestic surcharges to foreigners I have never seen them. I just got return tickets from AEP to Mendoza for $70 a month ago.
Weird. I swear the prices to IGR for example were about $50 cheaper direct than through non-Argentine sites.

That was the point of my question: Is there any risk buying within Argentina with cheaper prices and bit being able to board because they are not valid without residency?

That was the point of my question: Is there any risk buying within Argentina with cheaper prices and bit being able to board because they are not valid without residency?

Yes. It is possible.
Not terribly likely, but they are certainly within their rights to do so, if the specified fare is marked as only being available to residents of Argentina.
An agent would be able to advise you whether such a restriction applies to a given fare.
I say “not terribly likely” simply because it’s a long while since I’ve heard of a passenger actually being challenged to provide proof of residency.

Yes. It is possible.
Not terribly likely, but they are certainly within their rights to do so, if the specified fare is marked as only being available to residents of Argentina.
An agent would be able to advise you whether such a restriction applies to a given fare.
I say “not terribly likely” simply because it’s a long while since I’ve heard of a passenger actually being challenged to provide proof of residency.
I'm not going to book a flight through an agent even if there were time to do that.

Unfortunately I just found out that Aerolineas Argentinas only tell you after completing the booking that "Fares in argentine pesos (ARS) for flight in argentina are only for residents of argentina."

Seems this should be well known.

I'm not going to book a flight through an agent even if there were time to do that.

Suit yourself (shrug), last minute things it’s actually easier to do with an agency than via their website.

Unfortunately I just found out that Aerolineas Argentinas only tell you after completing the booking that "Fares in argentine pesos (ARS) for flight in argentina are only for residents of argentina."

Seems this should be well known.

So that’s often not true, even though they write it. Whether it’s true or not is dictated by the fare rules, not by the boilerplate language their website displays whenever buying a domestic ticket here.

Again, talking to a human can help with that.

Suit yourself (shrug), last minute things it’s actually easier to do with an agency than via their website.

So that’s often not true, even though they write it. Whether it’s true or not is dictated by the fare rules, not by the boilerplate language their website displays whenever buying a domestic ticket here.

Again, talking to a human can help with that.
Wasn't aware of ticket offices open on Sundays?

When I said “agent”, I meant “travel agent”, not an Aerolineas ticket office. And yes, some are open on Sundays.
I do limited hours, for example, but try to help when I can.

Back