Alberto Fernández does not lie

Not once have I targeted anything personal at you so your personal attacks are telling.
Putting that aside, there are some FACTS you are getting wrong.
Firstly, I had already read the interview before you posted it. The source is a well-known publication so why are your blindly assuming people have not read it?
And I don’t hang myself on the quote but on you saying he does not lie. The title of the thread is Alberto Fernandez does not lie. Your title is presented as a statement of fact. Fine. So the topic of the thread was Alberto does not lie. And he did lie in the interview and I specifically said when.
I also made no reference to the cliche all politicians lie. Everyone lies and so Alberto does too. Whether he is a politician or not is unimportant.
You want others to discuss the interview but your OP does not discuss it, instead you wax lyrical about Fernández and explain why we all should feel the same. If you wanted to discuss the interview perhaps you could have got the ball rolling. Instead you made the daft assertion he doesn’t lie and got offended and childish at the responses. I can only imagine you was expecting a pat of the back and feel put out you didn’t get one. Why else would you take the replies so personally?
As for the source you provided but barely discussed until your last post. Alberto does lie, he lies in the interview, he seems like a nice enough guy, sometimes his heart has been in the right place. On the surface I like him. And wider, he’s doing a decent job in a messy situation.
#1 - the original heading post was "Alberto Fernandez", it's possible there was a posting error, I don't know. It was not intended. In any case, his words not mine. I've asked administration to update the current heading as originally intended.
#2 I posted the article, recommended reading and added my opinion and reason for recommending. And assumed people would read the article and remark on it's contents. Anyone is welcome to their own opinion. I succinctly made mine. Period.
#3 you remark you've read the article. Never noted previously, never commented on the content and still no comment relative to the article itself. You say 'he lies in the interview' - What, where? Again, this late news is unsubstantiated by any quote or discussion of what was said.

#1 - the original heading post was "Alberto Fernandez", it's possible there was a posting error, I don't know. It was not intended. In any case, his words not mine. I've asked administration to update the current heading as originally intended.
#2 I posted the article, recommended reading and added my opinion and reason for recommending. And assumed people would read the article and remark on it's contents. Anyone is welcome to their own opinion. I succinctly made mine. Period.
#3 you remark you've read the article. Never noted previously, never commented on the content and still no comment relative to the article itself. You say 'he lies in the interview' - What, where? Again, this late news is unsubstantiated by any quote or discussion of what was said.
Fair enough on the heading.
I told you in my first post where he lies in the interview. He says he does not lie. That is a lie.

He has done so many flip flops on the corruption of the Kirchners that it's hard to take him seriously on the issue of not lying. Hard to believe that he just "reconsidered" his position on all that corruption, especially when there is more evidence against the Kirchners now than when he made those corruption allegations. Was he lying then ir is he lying now?
Does the issue of whether or not he lies mean necessarily that he hasn't done a good job with this crisis? Absolutely not. In general I think he has, even though only time will tell if he made the right choices.
So why the seemingly endless fixation, at this point in time in the middle of a crisis, on the Kirchners and what he did or didn't say bout them to navigate getting elected? If you've followed the politics you know Argentines will mercilessly slay anyone to keep them from rising above the rubble, as I'm sure occurred in his run up to election.
in the article Fernandez is as open and intelligently informative on his past, including Cristina, as any politician I've seen.
In my opinion and for what it's worth you could of stated your supportive statement on how he's handled the crisis first with a caveat about corruption of the Kirchners. I don't get the leading with a negative, given all that's in the article and on the table. And yes, history will judge what a common man accomplished or not against a terrifying crisis. He's one of the best of the lot I've seen with this burden on his hands.

Everyone should read this excellent, revealing interview with the now President of Argentina, Alberto Fernández.
A unique man in any time and leading any country, he considers himself a common man, saying ‘Every time I speak, I’m saying the truth – I don’t lie’.
And he speaks well. He's also a common man well rounded man with a deep reservoir of experience, logic and savoir-faire.
It is a terrible time in human history and
Argentina the country and for those residing within. Argentinos and extrañjeros, are fortunate indeed such a person leads in making the decisions ahead, guiding the country and the people.

Most would agree that he has done a good job handling the covid crisis so far. I think it's prudent to wait and see how his leadership plays out over the next 4 years, not the first 4 months.

As semigoodlookin said it's not healthy to be fans of politicians. Once you're a fan of a politician, you usually don't look at them with the critical eye that they deserve. Even if a politician gets into politics with the very best intentions, they tend to put their own self interests and perhaps that of their friends over the well being of the general public. It's just human nature to put self preservation before all else. Politicians need public pressure and that of the press to keep them honest.

AF viciously criticized the administration of CFK, then a couple years later made her his VP and hired many of the people who made up her administration. I understand that is the game you have to play to get into power, but that game involves lots of lying.

Saying that he doesn't lie or that he is a common man doesn't make him unique. Politicians portraying themselves as the common man is the oldest tactic in the book to help endear themselves to the public. He lived in Puerto Madero, working in the upper echelons of government for decades.

Has AF done a good job so far? Is he well spoken and intelligent? YES. Does that mean he will be a good leader for Argentina over the next 4 years? We don't know yet.

AF viciously criticized the administration of CFK, then a couple years later made her his VP and hired many of the people who made up her administration. I understand that is the game you have to play to get into power, but that game involves lots of lying.

Saying that he doesn't lie or that he is a common man doesn't make him unique. Politicians portraying themselves as the common man is the oldest tactic in the book to help endear themselves to the public. He lived in Puerto Madero, working in the upper echelons of government for decades.

He's done a decent job in handling the epidemic - nothing else.

So far, Cristina and her favorites, Maximo and Kiciloff, are the ones making all the important appointments and decisions.

Last edited:
Most would agree that he has done a good job handling the covid crisis so far. I think it's prudent to wait and see how his leadership plays out over the next 4 years, not the first 4 months.
As semigoodlookin said it's not healthy to be fans of politicians. Once you're a fan of a politician, you usually don't look at them with the critical eye that they deserve. Even if a politician gets into politics with the very best intentions, they tend to put their own self interests and perhaps that of their friends over the well being of the general public. It's just human nature to put self preservation before all else. Politicians need public pressure and that of the press to keep them honest.
Has AF done a good job so far? Is he well spoken and intelligent? YES. Does that mean he will be a good leader for Argentina over the next 4 years? We don't know yet.
Well good, you are able to admit the obvious and live in the present. Of course no one knows what will come in the future and how this government will handle it, the more so given the crisis in hand. We all wait to see how this turns out and history will judge accordingly.
On the other hand anyone that quotes semi is playing a weak hand. Including 'not healthy to be fans of politicians' ? It's up to the individual to maintain a critical eye, that's part of being an informed citizen. I'm a fan and supporter of any politician that acts responsibly and puts forward good plans and protects the country and it's people. I want them to succeed for all of us. And in the case of Fernandez, if you take the time to read his remarks and answers to the questions he's obviously smart, dedicated, humble, learned and shows every sign of giving his best to deal with the coronavirus crisis and Argentina's economy and debt crisis. He gives every appearance in the interview of being a common man and open about his past. Living in Puerto Madera is a sin? Being in the upper echelons of government? Do you want someone, a self made millionaire or a taxi driver or a business guy like Macri? I go for someone with the right ideas who knows the ropes , how things are done and how to get things done. A President has to deal with everyone.
So good you give him your approval of what he's done so far. What he's done is at least an indication of what he does in future. It's enough right now. And allows me to sleep at night. I don't need to troll in the negative or the dark whatifs. Nobody knows the future.

anyone that quotes semi is playing a weak hand

Obviously you disagree, but I think he has some valid points.

I want them to succeed for all of us.

I want politicians to succeed as well including AF, because that results in a better society. I'm happy for you that you are so enamored with him. However, when one is a fan of a politician, the fan usually is quick to defend actions of the said politician, rather than scrutinize their actions as you are doing in your posts here.

He gives every appearance in the interview of being a common man and open about his past. Living in Puerto Madera is a sin? Being in the upper echelons of government? Do you want someone, a self made millionaire or a taxi driver or a business guy like Macri?

There is nothing wrong with living in Puerto Madero and having government experience, but he has been completely removed from the common man experience for decades. Of course, I'd rather have a self made man with government experience. The bus driver experience has been tried in Venezuela, it didn't work out too well.

In my humble opinion, AF is a weak man who sold his soul to someone he despised.

So far, he has not been able to stand his ground when confronted by Cristina and her minions.
Let's hope he can find the courage and the guts to do. so in the future.

Obviously you disagree, but I think he has some valid points.
I want politicians to succeed as well including AF, because that results in a better society. I'm happy for you that you are so enamored with him. However, when one is a fan of a politician, the fan usually is quick to defend actions of the said politician, rather than scrutinize their actions as you are doing in your posts here.
There is nothing wrong with living in Puerto Madero and having government experience, but he has been completely removed from the common man experience for decades. Of course, I'd rather have a self made man with government experience. The bus driver experience has been tried in Venezuela, it didn't work out too well.
Generalmente estamos de acuerdo. Gracias! Suerte

He's done a decent job in handling the epidemic - nothing else.

So far, Cristina and her favorites, Maximo and Kiciloff, are the ones making all the important appointments and decisions.

I'm not sure about that. I think it's the president himself who's been making the most important appointments, lately. Especially as CFK is still a bit impaired by her past problems, you know, the complex judicial front.

Also, the president is much stronger than many foreigners think. He's got steel in him (a lot), good luck pushing him around. If you don't believe me, ask Artisans here about his famous, say, hot temper... Something artisans carefully forgot to add to the picture, I guess :)

Plus, regarding ideology, he is closer to Maximo than most would think. Anyway, it's the president who's fully in charge, not Cristina, and it won't change any time soon.

Back