Alberto Fernández does not lie

I find those that look at political issues as a left right divide are not seeing the full picture . I disliked Mauricio Macri inmensely but I am also disappointed in the current government of Alberto Fernandez . The devaluation of the peso just in the last few weeks has been devasting for all argentinians and has a tremendous affect of the health of the people . Food prices are now sky high in Argentina and amongst the dearest in latin america except in Chile , uruguay ,or Brazil but in all these three countries the inflation is less than 10 % annually as well as having minimum wages currently over 3 times higher than Argentina as is the case of Uruguay . This long term quarantine that many are now saying will finish in September will leave the country in ruins of which it will take ten years to recover Is this really good government ?

Certainly we have a major health crisis on our hands but there are so many sensible ways of dealing with this instead of closing shut the economy and just printing money causing hyperinflation and devaluation . Life is a risk every time you go out and you can possibly die from a myriad of causes . The argentinian death rate per year is 7.5 per 1000 people or over 300,000 people per year in Argentina . This works out to over 800 people per day . Imagine if the media informed us for every death that happens we would not ever leave our house .

Up to now 90 % of all deaths from covid19 have been older people with underlying health problems . These people can be isolated and the rest of us with social distancing and protection allowed to work and live .

In three months time when we are allowed to go out with some freedom most businesses would have collapsed , 80 percent of restaurants closed , coffee shops , gyms, beauty parlours , hairdressers , travel agencies, and so much more .
Buenos Aires is a vibrant amazing city in the best of times but after this with its famed milongas closed, and most business bankrupt it will be like Detroit USA a city that you just drive through .

This disease is with us now we need to live with it and work with it as the human consequences of a 4 month or more lockdown are thousands of time more damaging to human health than the virus .

Many countries in Asia are now fully in business but with social distancing . There economies will not collapse . They are saying that Argentina economy will retract minus 10 percent this year . This to me is a disaster that can be avoided if the current government makes better decisions .
Even if Argentina were to reverse course 180 degree right now, most of the damage has already been done.

There is going to be a lost decade or even a lost generation in this country. Most people will struggle for the next 10 or so years just to get back to where they were about 3 months ago. Should a person be angry with this? HECK YES! They should be very angry at what has occurred. And who to be angry at? Start with China who probably knew what was happening ... and the only reason they showed their situation to the world was becasue they couldn't hide it anymore. Then, the press. News media worldwide has blown this thing sky high and to the moon. People get the flu, and they die each year. This is more or less the same thing, just sensationalized. If the old and weak can't be protected, then they just can't be protected. It is natural selection ... a law of nature. The vast ... no make that the overwhelming majority of humans would survive this. We are all taking a hit for a few. Then, there is the politicians of the world ... not very many of them have done so well on this. In short, it is a mess and things will take a very long time to return like they were. There will be a few elite who do wildly well, but most of us will bare the burden. We should all be very angry at the system and the people who have failed us.

BTW what's Alberto doing to the economy. Macri was getting abused for have a 40-1 peso rate yet your friend who never lies currently has the peso at 100-1... I thought the Ks were supposed to be good for the economy? How are they going to pay all their social plans and people dependent on government?

At the end of Macri's mandate the peso was worth the exact same as what it was at the beginning of the pandemic. Macri had no such externality to deal with.

What do you think Macri was handed over? Didn't stop the Ks shitting on him for having inflation or depreciating peso... Karma is a bitch as they say. Giving people money is not a long term economic plan. It should only be used in short term crashes like now, the problem is Argentina thinks it should be a permanent thing which leads people to become dependent on the government. This is fine until people realise you are never going to pay them back which is where Argentina is now.

With debt markets closed because of how unreliable Argentina has been their last option is to print more of their toilet paper money and introduce not devaluation and inflation. This is the K economic principal in a nutshell. While this happens their goal is to steal as much as possible from the public to ensure their own wealth is looked after while screaming on TV for evil businesses are and how they have the best interests of the poor in their hearts.

Macri was handed an economy that had just had its longest period of extended growth since the 1930s. GDP had risen massively in the last 10 years and living standards were at their highest ever levels. He destroyed all of that within 2 years. There is nothing he touched that didn't end up 10 times worse than it was before.

The neoliberals don't like these facts.

Macri was handed an economy that had just had its longest period of extended growth since the 1930s. GDP had risen massively in the last 10 years and living standards were at their highest ever levels. He destroyed all of that within 2 years. There is nothing he touched that didn't end up 10 times worse than it was before.

What nonsense....

Macri was handed over a bankrupt country, with empty coffers and miriad of unfinished public works, paid to Cristina's gang of thieves as completed jobs. He had to govern with both chambers and the judiciary controlled by K forces, which opposed his every move.

There's no denying that he made a mess of it. But there's also no denying that the Ks managed to milk the country dry during the soybean years' bonanza. They left having emptied even the ANSES' fund - thirteen solid years of corruption and thievery left the country bankrupt.

Peronism, in all its shapes and forms, has been the curse of this poor country. It is a corrosive force, which I'm afraid won't vanish in my lifetime. I cry for Argentina.

The K diehards won't like these facts - too bad for them. I call it like I see it.

Last edited:
Even if Argentina were to reverse course 180 degree right now, most of the damage has already been done.

There is going to be a lost decade or even a lost generation in this country. Most people will struggle for the next 10 or so years just to get back to where they were about 3 months ago. Should a person be angry with this? HECK YES! They should be very angry at what has occurred. And who to be angry at? Start with China who probably knew what was happening ... and the only reason they showed their situation to the world was becasue they couldn't hide it anymore. Then, the press. News media worldwide has blown this thing sky high and to the moon. People get the flu, and they die each year. This is more or less the same thing, just sensationalized. If the old and weak can't be protected, then they just can't be protected. It is natural selection ... a law of nature. The vast ... no make that the overwhelming majority of humans would survive this. We are all taking a hit for a few. Then, there is the politicians of the world ... not very many of them have done so well on this. In short, it is a mess and things will take a very long time to return like they were. There will be a few elite who do wildly well, but most of us will bare the burden. We should all be very angry at the system and the people who have failed us.
Letting the weak and old day is "natural selection"? Are you serious?

What nonsense....

Macri was handed over a bankrupt country, with empty coffers and miriad of unfinished public works, paid to Cristina's gang of thieves as completed jobs. He had to govern with both chambers and the judiciary controlled by K forces, which opposed his every move.

There's no denying that he made a mess of it. But there's also no denying that the Ks managed to milk the country dry during the soybean years' bonanza. They left having emptied even the ANSES' fund - thirteen solid years of corruption and thievery left the country bankrupt.

Peronism, in all its shapes and forms, has been the curse of this poor country. It is a corrosive force, which I'm afraid won't vanish in my lifetime. I cry for Argentina.

The K diehards won't like these facts - too bad for them. I call it like I see it.

Your post is full of fake news.
1. There were reserves at the CB when Macri arrived to office, about 30 billion usd. There was, even 11 tons of gold that Macri sent to the Uk. Plus he took loans for money flight with no limit. He was the worst President in the AR history.
2. He ruler by DNU, so, he was a dictator. A Dictator is who enacts decrees. In fact, he acchived to approve too many laws at the Congress with the double agent Pichetto.
3. The judiciary power was in his favor (specially conodoro Py) and he prosecuted who was not. He forced to retired many judges. In the case of the Fiscal before the Chamber, with threats to her daugther. He appointed too many judges who are, most of them, nazis.
4. The Anses founds were created by former Vice President Boudou. Before this, there was a mixed system private/public. So, they created the founds and it was Macri who stole them. You can read it in the ultra K Clarin:
5. Even Duvogne, former Economy Minister of Macri, confessed they were able to take so much international debt because CFK left the country indebted:
6. Lucky us the AF won the election. Do you imaging this pandemic with Macri?

Delusion is real my friends.

Letting the weak and old day is "natural selection"? Are you serious?
I am serious in my point of view. Thankfully for those who disagree with me, I am not running a country! Because I would be pushing for it. Mind you, I have people who are in high risk groups who I love dearly so I am not blind to the risk and potential loss of life. It just seems to me that the world has chosen the wrong side (SHUT DOWN) as opposed to pressing on and doing the best they can. Very difficult situation. I am not trying to upset you or anyone else. So you have my apology.

Back