All FLIGHTS CANCELED from EZE, Aeroparque etc

The term used to describe the recent airport fiasco on the radio this morning was sabotage.

Chaos ruled at EZE as flights resumed.....passengers awaiting delayed flights pushed, shoved and jostled their way to jockey for a position in the check in line....and again in the line for immigration. Employees and security seemed bewildered and unable to establish a semblance of order.

We were fortunate that our 9:30 flight to DFW got off the ground a mere 3 hours late.....We arrived at 5:30 and thought about leaving several times since it seemed likely all flights would be canceled for the rest of the day...we decided to stick it out and were glad we did...

fwiw, the security people at EZE seemed convinced that the shutdown was a work-stoppage by personnel to serve notice that unless wages are increased a strike will result in a disruption of travel and travel dollars....

well i made it back to BA with a 24 hr delay. before touchdown the captain apologized for all the delays at BA airports "due to labor action". just repeating what she said.....

dr__dawggy said:
Chaos ruled at EZE as flights resumed.....passengers awaiting delayed flights pushed, shoved and jostled their way to jockey for a position in the check in line....and again in the line for immigration. Employees and security seemed bewildered and unable to establish a semblance of order ...
This is what I really like about Argentina - never a dull moment. In my home country I got soooo bored because everything just worked like playing a barrel organ and I always knew what would happen next.

(This is not irony, I like the unexpected to give me a fuller life).

John, I completely agree with you buddy. The informality, chaos and backwardness here is actually charming and relaxing, and welcome at our late stages in life, as long as we can maintain our patience. It is a place for people with more past than future, I would never raise a family here besides the many positives.

John.St said:
This is what I really like about Argentina - never a dull moment. In my home country I got soooo bored because everything just worked like playing a barrel organ and I always knew what would happen next.

(This is not irony, I like the unexpected to give me a fuller life).

I said the same thing today!!! I enjoy the chaos and the unexpected here!! If I want everything to go by the (too many) rules, then I just go back to Belgium...

mendozanow said:
John, I completely agree with you buddy. The informality, chaos and backwardness here is actually charming and relaxing, and welcome at our late stages in life, as long as we can maintain our patience. It is a place for people with more past than future, I would never raise a family here besides the many positives.

well I don't consider myself in 'late stage in life' (more at the beginning :rolleyes:) and I am raising kids here... Still I agree!:eek:

I've just seen a news report about a group of 300 passengers & how they have been given the run around by our State Owned airline -Aerolineas Argentinas.

Since monday morning...six times they were told to go to the airport to catch their plane to Miami,...six times the flights were canceled...oh...they are still stuck at Eze with no news on when they might fly.

The state owned airline is a model for Efficiency, Punctuality & service with a friendly smile :) !!Hooray!!!

Back