Alternative To The Beach

Look, lets use common sense. Once I heard the ex chancellor Taiana (who I admire) say something like this: Uruguay has chosen to protect the Uruguay Natural area, which is the coast from Colonia to Rocha to the tourism. Tourism is one of the big bussiness for Uruguay. And then, to this bussiness of the paper mill, they designated the Uruguay river coast. So it looks strategically distribuited, nice beaches to tourism and not so nice beaches to the mills.
The question is, if there wasnt any pollution, why didnt they put the mill near Monetvideo, or Punta del Este, or Colonia? Why didnt they put it close to the Rio de la Plata? Why did they hide the mill upstream?

Botnia4.jpg

Botnia6.jpg

Botnia14.jpg

There also exists a scientific report from Argentina that says thet UPM do pollute (from 2013, not 2010)

http://www.unoentrer...31002-0039.html

http://www.unoticias...ales-uruguayos/

You can show pics of any major industry in Argentina and you may see a Plume of steam released, is not pollution...!! Check YPF refineries...?

Botnia14.jpg

paper mill aside, tigre is a great location for a short distance getaway. extremely peaceful and you dont need no swimming pool. another lovely alternative is Villa Serrana La gruta. It's about 60 mi from Sierra de la Ventana. So so so so peaceful and nice. Extremely recommended, great for hicking

You can show pics of any major industry in Argentina and you may see a Plume of steam released, is not pollution...!! Check YPF refineries...?

Botnia14.jpg

The thing is the location. Of course Uruguay has an industrial zone where they can pollute as it happens everywhere, the thing it was the first one in a non industrial zone, like that part of the Uruguay river.

all this fake indignation yet Barrick gold continues to pollute Argentinian rivers with cyanide while the government cashes their checks. ha. gtfo.

you dont have to go that far. Take a bote north on Rio Uruguay and as they said here you have paper mills on argentine side.

I've always enjoyed a good debate. However, I think I might skip my thread "Nice and peaceful island getaways in the South Atlantic?"

all this fake indignation yet Barrick gold continues to pollute Argentinian rivers with cyanide while the government cashes their checks. ha. gtfo.
is there a website I can check out for Tigre locations?

is there a website I can check out for Tigre locations?

If you search for tigre cabañas in google you'll get plenty of websites with listings. I would assume that most places are fully booked for most of the summer, and prices can be extreme. It's not super amazing, but definitely worth the escape from the city. Many places will pick you up and bring you there by boat for free, but not always. You bring your own food and alcohol. The last place I went to had free drinking water. I would advice you to give a few of them a call, and try to squeeze a mid-week deal out of them.

Back