Am I the only one who believes Christina is being given a hard time.

I've come around to Steve's point of view that this is all a waste of time, just enjoy the country while you are there, nothing is going to change. There's not much democracy in Argentina in reality, rule by decree, court orders ignored, laws ignored, etc. Maybe they should just cut out the pretense and let the K's do what ever they want (they do already), round up and arrest opposition politicians (such as they are) and close down the court system, then there would be no need for further discussion.

gouchobob said:
I've come around to Steve's point of view that this is all a waste of time, just enjoy the country while you are there, nothing is going to change. There's not much democracy in Argentina in reality, rule by decree, court orders ignored, laws ignored, etc. Maybe they should just cut out the pretense and let the K's do what ever they want (they do already), round up and arrest opposition politicians (such as they are) and close down the court system, then there would be no need for further discussion.

By that definition there is no democracy in the states either. Rule by decree (executive orders), corrupt courts, constitution ignored, etc. At least in Argentina they do not have the right to hold you indefinitely or kill you without a trial, like they do in the states.

Back