Am I the only person in Argentina that finds the term "chinito" offensive?

Whataboutism, to use your favourite term, is perfectly valid when pointing out blatant hypocrisy. It seems to be your Godwin's law. You can't justify or convert others to your position so out comes -whataboutism- with a pompous rude response. (-'facepalm'-).

You haven't read the link I posted about whataboutism earlier in full, or you wouldn't be using such weak reasoning. It's exactly that sort of illogical reasoning that they talk about.

But as I said, you are too far gone. So I don't expect much ;)

There is racism in Argentina, but it does not come in the form of expressions such as " chinito " etc I guess it has more to do with attitudes, looks, prejudice, education, etc

Racisms in Argentina is legal and subtle. The immigration law is the worst example.

Argentine immigration law is among the most permissive on earth. If you're saying that because not everyone gets the same permission, then I answer that a country must choose, and it's perfectly normal to prefer people with money and skills over people without those things. There's nothing fundamentally "racist" about preferring only to take those who can improve the country.

You haven't read the link I posted about whataboutism earlier in full, or you wouldn't be using such weak reasoning. It's exactly that sort of illogical reasoning that they talk about.

But as I said, you are too far gone. So I don't expect much ;)

I think you are aware that your constant cries of whataboutism are in fact a deflectionary tactic that whataboutism itself is accused of.

Feel free to ignore my posts.

Last edited:
I think you are aware that your constant cries of whataboutism are in fact a deflectionary tactic that whataboutism itself is accused of.

Feel free to ignore my posts.
Arguably true, but London2 has stated his opinions on this matter and talked about the subject of the thread. The whole turning to talk about whataboutism is because many posters are not talking about the actual topic. London2 would only be using whataboutism if he/she had not discussed the topic at hand and had been deflecting during the whole thread.

On this forum over the last few days, there has been a lot of discussion about the paso (naturally). Are we not able to discuss political movements here because they also happen in other countries? I think CFK is an idiot, for example. Can I not say that because Donald Trump is also an idiot?

I think CFK is an idiot, for example. Can I not say that because Donald Trump is also an idiot?

CASE IN POINT!

Absolutely you can say, Kirchner is an idiot only if you previously showed any criticism of the much worse idiot Trump.

The deafening silence on Trump and the obsessive non-stop criticism of Kirchner is a mal intentioned offensive argument. (not that I like Kirchner, am only using your example).

No one ever claimed Argentina is a zero racism zone. Criticism of Argentine racism is welcome, and we will all join you, only if you previously showed your true concern about much worse racism atrocities elsewhere.

Trump will win again because of the complacency and silence.

Last edited:
I find it ironic that the people who complain most about rascism in Argentina come from societies that were built on the slave trade and the exploitation of their indigenous peoples . Just 40 years ago in the south of the United States coloured people had to use seperate toilets , , line up seperately to catch a bus and were basically treated like cattle . In Australia the white australia policy was official policy until the 1960s . Now in 2019 these people from the so called developed world are so upset about a few words . I do not see their moral outrage when their country bombs the shit out of Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya Serbia, Panama and a myriad of other countries since the second world war leaving millions dead . But yeah the word chinito is so offensive .

Last edited:
CASE IN POINT!

Absolutely you can say, Kirchner is an idiot only if you previously showed any criticism of the much worse idiot Trump.

The deafening silence on Trump and the obsessive non-stop criticism of Kirchner is a mal intentioned offensive argument. (not that I like Kirchner, am only using your example).

No one ever claimed Argentina is a zero racism zone. Criticism of Argentine racism is welcome, and we will all join you, only if you previously showed your true concern about much worse racism atrocities elsewhere.

But the thread is not about Trump. If we have to clarify our distaste for everything similar or worse than what we are critisizing, every thread will become a megathread.

I don't like Coca Cola, but can I not say that without also clarifying that I didn't like Spar Cola (a brand in my country, the UK) either? Coca Cola is still shit whether Spar Cola was shit or not.

If I were to critisize Trump in this thread, which you seem think is hard to do despite my dislike of Trump across the board, where would I stop? Would someone then be able to say, "how can you critisize Trump when David Duke is worse". Ok, so then to critisize Trump I would also have to critisize David Duke. Wait, Hitler was worse than David Duke, so how can I critisize him without also aiming for Hitler?

Ok, so to critisize the idea of racism in Argentina I have to go on a path like casual racism in this country, critisizing the fact it happens in other countries too, commenting on Trump, then moving to someone worse, then again to someone worse.

None of this is not saying I don't want to critisize Trump. If there was a thread on it I would be all in and while you misquoted him earlier in the thread what he said about infested rats was terrible.

CASE IN POINT!

You are so obsessed with Trump, which by the way, is exactly what he wants.

I could maybe understand your argument if it only had some validity to it. I did a search of the name "Trump"on this site and ten pages of references in multiple threads came up. I didn't not go back through those threads but I imagine that most of the references in them are negative, including many in this thread. Any number of times he and his policies have been called racist and he himself has been called vile names. Most folks participating in this forum have either directly or indirectly made known their dislike of him. I am no defender of Trump, but I am not quite sure what greater degree of vilification of him would be necessary for you to relent from your constant whataboutism, especially as it relates to the topic of racism. I suspect that lots of folks would not participate in a thread about Trump because they have already made their views known about him in spades. Why restate what they have already made obvious.

Back