Amazing Argentina, The Motogp Race Inaugural

hybrid nice find. I enjoy the Dakar rally and would enjoy motogp. all things fast are fun to spectate. anything that promotes tourism is a good think. I can only think back to the youtube videos of the four motorcycles out on the argentine highway doing 150 plus on the backwheel only. there should be an interest in the sport.

Thanks, was tempted to upload some MotoGP riders dragging their knees to the tarmac but did not wanting to receive the wrath
of RodlofoWalsh, he just replied not liking me wasting his precious bandwidth on this forum, So no pics...

one of my sub contractors races bikes. I went to watch and was amazed at how fast they were going when making those sharp turns. photos please.

I understand the racing suits they use cost around 1300.00. he wrecked that day and ruined his new suit. oh well

I understand the racing suits they use cost around 1300.00. he wrecked that day and ruined his new suit. oh well
Yeah and those ones with "smart air bags" that deploys fully way before impact can be pretty expensive but
it is worth its high price, can save your live! Money spent you can reproduce but when your soul goes, no way back
untill reincarnate in different animal forms, so saz the Budhism !

If you go to this Sunday's race at the termas de rio hondo racecourse, you probably will withness Valentino Rossi on the Yamaha doin' this !
Valentino-Rossi-Elbow-Sparks-L.jpg

Any motorcycling!racing fans in here? I would like to hear from all of moto-racing enthusiasts.!
Can regular salaried Argentine affording to watch the upcoming MotoGP racing in termas del rios
at US$ circa 80.00 a ticket? If not the KFC's gobnmnt investment will be hard to recover in
many years to come..How about giving more services and offering them safe enviro in order
to welcoming to Argentina for all the foreign crowds that supposed to be there on the 27th of April.

I ride bikes and prefer sailboats to motorboats if you get what I mean, but to be honest I am a little jealous of the freedom (and danger) a motorbike might grant.
Anyway while coming back from some beach town near Pinamar I saw a gigantic gathering or festival of "motocross". Apparently it was international because two huge banners read "Bienvenidos Fanaticos de las Carreras" and "Welcome Race Fans"

Welcome to Austral Redneckistan
related: https://youtu.be/TXRdSeedSGg

The free practice 3 then onto final qualify for the grid number for tomorrow's race there in Termas de Rio Hondo, in the outskirt of Bs As? ..
It seems the not so strong yet, Suzuki are leading the practice sessions.

PA1683884.0008.jpg

Suzuki's Aleix Espargaro says he has developed a 'special' feeling with the Termas de Rio Hondo circuit in Argentina after topping both free practice sessions on Friday.

The Spanish rider was over half-a-second faster than Ducati's Andrea Iannone after recording a best time of 1m 38.776s in FP2 on the GSX-RR and Espargaro, who has struggled with chatter issues in Qatar and Austin, says the characteristics of the track are ideally suited to the Suzuki.

"It's just the first day but I'm really happy and pleased with the performance. The feeling I have with this track is special," said Espargaro.

"Last year I also felt really good here and obviously the layout of this track is really good for Suzuki. There is just one right corner where I have a lot of chatter but for the rest the bike is really agile, turning well and I enjoy it a lot.

“With the old tyre we led for all of FP2. This is the best thing. Then with the soft tyre I did a good lap time. I think we can still improve a lot because I used the soft front tyre and I didn't feel too good," he added.

"[I was] Too much on the limit, but it was a risk to go with the hard tyre today. Tomorrow I will try the hard and see what happens."

Espargaro is keeping his fingers crossed for an improvement in the track conditions in Argentina after revealing his rear tyre was 'destroyed' after three laps in FP2.

“In the second session the track conditions improved a little bit, but still not enough for us. In the first session after three laps the tyre was destroyed," he said.

"In the second session I did 10 or 12 laps with the hard rear tyre and it was quite destroyed. So the track needs to improve or we will have problems with the rear tyre, because we do not have the extra-hard tyre in our allocation.

"So we need to be careful with the rear tyre consumption.”

2013%2F11%2FP-20130617-00102_News-copy.jpg

Oh well, the Honda boy has taken the pole for tomorrows MotoGP there in Argentina..Enjoy your local race all Motorcycle fans!

Marc Marquez grabbed pole position in Argentina to deny Suzuki's Aleix Espargaro the top spot at the Termas de Rio Hondo circuit as the pair went head-to-head in final qualifying.

Repsol Honda rider Marquez and Espargaro – who topped both free practice sessions on Friday on the GSX-RR – both pitted to switch to their spare machines in order to gain a rare third qualifying attack and it paid off as the duo ended Q2 first and second quickest respectively, with MotoGP world champion Marquez's stunning lap in 1m 37.802s sending him clear by half-a-second at the head of the times.

Movistar Yamaha's Jorge Lorenzo was the early pacesetter on the factory YZR-M1 but was soon displaced by Marquez as Britain's Cal Crutchlow slotted into third on the CWM LCR Honda.

As the clock ticked down the top three remained the same with seven minutes of the session to run, with Aleix Espargaro fourth at this stage ahead of Ducati's Andrea Dovizioso and Valentino Rossi on the second of the Movistar Yamahas.

Marquez and Espargaro ventured back out onto the circuit on their number one machines after switching from their spare bikes with the aim of benefitting from a third time attack.

Andrea Iannone made headway on the leaderboard on the Ducati GP15, moving into third ahead of Crutchlow as Lorenzo dropped back.

Marquez, though, was holding firm at the top and in the dying seconds the 22-year-old bettered his quickest time by 0.07s to cement his place in pole from Espargaro, with Iannone and Crutchlow holding station in third and fourth.

Lorenzo sealed a second row start in fifth ahead of Dovizioso, while Danilo Petrucci heads up row three on the Pramac Ducati from championship leader Rossi and rookie Maverick Vinales (Suzuki Ecstar).

Rossi was 1.088s down on Marquez's benchmark as the top eight were separated by only one second.

Monster Yamaha Tech 3's Bradley Smith, Scott Redding on the EG 0,0 Marc VDS Honda and Avintia Ducati's Hector Barbera were the top 10 in Q2, with Smith and Barbera progressing to the final qualifying shootout from Q1.

Northern Ireland's Eugene Laverty impressed on the Power Electronics Aspar Honda as he qualified 14th fastest and second leading Open class rider behind Barbera, lapping in 1m 39.434s.

Hiroshi Aoyama was 15th on the Repsol Honda as he replaces Dani Pedrosa for the final time as the Spaniard targets a comeback at Jerez, with Stefan Bradl 16th on the Forward Yamaha.

Pol Espargaro is languishing in 18th place on the second of the Monster Yamaha Tech 3 machines ahead of Gresini Aprilia's Alvaro Bautista, with Nicky Hayden back in 20th (Aspar Honda), one place ahead of championship newcomer Jack Miller (CWM LCR Honda).

QP:
1. Marc Marquez
2. Aleix Espargaro
3. Andrea Iannone
4. Cal Crutchlow
5. Jorge Lorenzo
6. Andrea Dovizioso
7. Danilo Petrucci
8. Valentino Rossi
9. Maverick Viñales
10. Bradley Smith
11. Scott Redding
12. Hector Barbera

termas de Rio Hondo are located in Sgo del Estero province, 1112.8 kms from B. A.

REPSOL has a history of performance in Argentina, but Marc Marquez had better watch out for La Campora today.

Back