American Idol

fred mertz

Registered
I think that I read that tonight is the last American Idol show of the season. If so, what time and channel is it on on Cablevision? I (almost) never watch television.

I just saw an ad on Sony TV (CH 210 on DirecTV) that said it starts at 8:30, but I can now see the guide for the next 90 minutes. The guide indicates the start time as 8PM.

I don't know whether I have Cablevision, but it just started on channel 37 for me.

If you almost never watch television, why start with American Idol? Sorry, I'm not trying to be mean. Just killing time at work in my windowless office under my fluorescent lights. Uggggggg.

Actually, if you''ve never watched American Idol before, I suggest you watch tonight's rebrocadcast of the finals results program (and the final performance show if that is aired first). This year's final two contestants are 16 and 17 years old and they will surpass your expectaions. The final results program was a star studded spactacular.

The winner's reaction as he/she (IN CASE YOU WANT TO BE SURPRISED AT THE END) sang was a joy to watch.

That was priceless - Brilliant singer (for once on those kind of shows - or maybe twice, Carrie Underwood is brill too)

Liam3494 said:
That was priceless - Brilliant singer (for once on those kind of shows - or maybe twice, Carrie Underwood is brill too)

Think the winner seems a sweetie but then I recall Lee from last year or even better Adam Lambert from the previous year and how this type of show plays on emotions and then spits out these poor creatures when they serve no more. Hardened ambitious types like Carrie, Daughtry and KClarkson survive but the more sensitive types will be saying to their grandkids "I used to be someone...because Randy Jackson said so"..sad. And yes I do watch it quite religiously as my 7 yrd old is an addict and says one day I'll be an AI whilst I say OMDB..its also on the Sony channel that advertises call girls in g-strings and arse in the air @ 5pm on a Sunday afternoon so needless to say we have been limiting viewing somewhat even if Guillo and Lee think its prudish to deny our 7 yr old these tiitillations!

Thanks all for NADA. I just wanted to know the channel, which none of you could provide. With remote in hand I now know the Sony is channel 209.

fred mertz said:
Thanks all for NADA. I just wanted to know the channel, which none of you could provide. With remote in hand I now know the Sony is channel 209.

You couldn't use your remote to find the channel yesterday (prior to the broadcast)?

I had to use my remote to find the correct broadcast time which was differenet from the "advertised" time.

(And I could only provide the channel number for DirectTV as that's what I have.)

Hope you can see a rebroadcast in case you missed it last night.

Back