American Products? Chips, Sodas, Candy, Etc?

You will be much healthier without those products. :)

Why respond to a post if you have no interest in helping? :)

Now, for the real help... The Jumbo near JB Justo y Santa Fe has stuff like
Pepper Ridge Farms cookies and I think some sort of drink, I can't remember
what it was. They also sell italian salt and oil, along with a small thing of pasta
sauce.

The Disco near Alto Palermo had San Pellegrino water and De Cecco pasta, both
from Italy.

In Barrio Chino, at this new supermarket that opened about this time last year,
someone said it has Dr. Pepper, and my roommate is a huge friend so we
went there and got some. They also had a few other imported things, including
Mountain Dew, both I believe were either from Japan or South Korea. I can't
remember the name of the place, maybe someone knows it.

Lastly, as has been said, if you're in Chile just go in to any grocery store really
and you can find US/imported goods at a good price too. I got some Ginger Ale,
Crush Orange, and Tuareg Costa cookies (they're vanilla soft wafer with a coconut
creme filling, so good) way down in Puerto Natales for the same cost of soda and cookies
in Bsas.

Yes, the newer store in Barrio Chino has Dr. Pepper. I also forget the name. The last I saw it was $55 per can. I got one just to taste it and it didn't taste exactly like the Dr. Pepper I was raised on. :angry:

Your buds may vary.

Yes, the newer store in Barrio Chino has Dr. Pepper. I also forget the name. The last I saw it was $55 per can. I got one just to taste it and it didn't taste exactly like the Dr. Pepper I was raised on. :angry:

Your buds may vary.

Not sure how old you are GS, but the Dr. Pepper you were probably raised on doesn't exist on this planet any more. The last of the non-high fructose corn syrup bottlers when belly-up in 2012:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dublin_Dr_Pepper

Are you all referring to Tina and Co, in Barrio Chino? It's great for imported stuff and the prices are more reasonable than other places. In my opinion, if they don't have it,no one does.
Also the Pick Market on Quintana and the other on Libertad, specializes in imported products, usually gourmet end stuff. But they have (very expensive)but hard to find imported snacks like Jif peanut butter,pepperidge farm cookies, Snyders pretzels, gluten free snacks, Kraft Mac and Cheese and other stuff that comes and goes usually very quickly. A splurge for when the homesickness overwhelms ones common sense and cents.

[...]Also the Pick Market on Quintana and the other on Libertad, specializes in imported products, usually gourmet end stuff. But they have (very expensive)but hard to find imported snacks like Jif peanut butter,pepperidge farm cookies, Snyders pretzels, gluten free snacks, Kraft Mac and Cheese and other stuff that comes and goes usually very quickly. A splurge for when the homesickness overwhelms ones common sense and cents.

Pick Market's a good place, but can be somewhat limited to things Jumbo Palermo has sometimes, but they do often have some stuff that I haven't found elsewhere. The guy at the fiambreria knows his stuff - we always get into a long discussion about the dearth of good cheese in Argentina, but he always has some decent Parmesan cheese and smoked panceta when I'm looking to make a carbonara sauce and loves to discuss exactly how it should be made :)

There's another Pick (new, maybe a bit bigger) on Quintana between Callao and the Cemetery park (or La Biela on the corner). It is probably closer to La Biela (between there and Ayacucho), I don't remember exactly where though, I've never gone in, just passed by and looked in (usually with the family - they don't get into looking at foods like that heh) - the Libertad location is closer to me (couple blocks away).

It just might be easier to fly home to the US than to try and track down those things...one day there are around, and the next day, poof.

The US Embassy in BA does not sell anything to the public, there's rumors of a store for embassy staff but the public is not allowed to access it, US Citizen or not.

They're called commissaries, and they're great for junk food. The OP should seek out a friend at the Embassy. :)

Back