An ideal car to buy for use in BA

I am just a "car person". I get a "kick" out of having a car, even though public transport in cap. fed. is pretty good notwithstanding the recent never ending subte strike.

Have a look at either the Honda Fit or Fiat Idea, both have roomy interiors and a small size and great gas mileage. The Honda is a bit more upmarket but the Fiat can be serviced and fixed cheaply anywhere in Mercosur. I bought the Fiat and have been pleasantly surprised.

Both Honda Fit and Fiat Idea look damn ugly IMHO. Almost like giant roaches!

We have been looking for a new car too and have decided on the Chevy Cruze. Making the final deal this week and hopefully wont have to wait 4-6 weeks like mentioned recently in this and other threads since they have the one we want on the showroom floor.
Anyway, during our looking, I was surprised at the price of a new Chery, Chineese made but 100K pesos for the SUV and even less for the ""midsize" car that they make, the Skin. http://www.16valvulas.com.ar/chery-skin-lanzamiento-en-argentina-desde-96-000-pesos/
I dont think there are too many new cars in that price range with as many comforts. Also comes with 3 yr 100K km warranty.

@hannstew

Are you buying a 2 door car?

Is it a automatic transmission?

@hannstew

what would be your gross total costs in peso including 1 year insurance, taxes, etc etc etc

How do u intend explaining the purchase to AFIP

Several factors to mention.. We are planning to trade in our '06 Ecosport and paying the difference, roughly 95K pesos. The car will be registered in my wifes name, as is the Ecosport now so I dont think there will be much to have to explain to them. If they do question it, I do lots of international travel so can justify bringing in dollars from several trips with the stamps in my passport.

hannstew said:
If they do question it, I do lots of international travel so can justify bringing in dollars from several trips with the stamps in my passport.

Thanks.

Don't they ask the source of us$ from abroad? Right, you got them from aborad but how you you availed them abroad? if you say, you earn it, the taxes issue comes in.

Ceviche said:
Thanks.

Don't they ask the source of us$ from abroad? Right, you got them from aborad but how you you availed them abroad? if you say, you earn it, the taxes issue comes in.

We brought the money cash, all they needed was a proof that it came from our account in Belgium.

Back