Ideal airline company to fly to BsAs

cricri58

Registered
hello,
I am about to book a flight ticket from Europe (Barcelona) to go to Bs As, what are the most interesting airline companies (criteria: good prices and no penalties for possibly changing my return date to Europe , id est flexibility up to 1 year)
Thank you.
Regards

Personal nightmare experiences lead me to recomend only one airline:
LAN - hands down
The flight attendants are great ! . ALWAYS willing to go the extra mile.
Continental proved to be a nightmare for me , and I dont trust Aerolineas with my safety.
American is usually the airline that shuttles me from Miami to NY , again , horrible flight attendants , horrible ticket counter help.

The only choice for a direct flight ex BCN Is Aerolineas Argentinas.
Aerolineas have now ditched their 747s and now fly A340s to and from Europe
Some people claim that maintenance is an issue with Aerolineas buts since the government took over , I feel this is exaggerated .
The other choice would be to go via Madrid and use either Iberia or Air Europa
Lan is only an option from Madrid and there would be a change of plan in Santiago de Chile.
Prices are fairly similar / use a page like www.kayak.com to get an idea of prices for the dates you want and then use the airlines page to get an idea of what they are looking for making changes
If you want total flexibility you will have to pay for it

glasgowjohn said:
The only choice for a direct flight ex BCN Is Aerolineas Argentinas.
Aerolineas have now ditched their 747s and now fly A340s to and from Europe
Some people claim that maintenance is an issue with Aerolineas buts since the government took over , I feel this is exaggerated .
The other choice would be to go via Madrid and use either Iberia or Air Europa
Lan is only an option from Madrid and there would be a change of plan in Santiago de Chile.
Prices are fairly similar / use a page like www.kayak.com to get an idea of prices for the dates you want and then use the airlines page to get an idea of what they are looking for making changes
If you want total flexibility you will have to pay for it
yes they ditched the 747s but A340 is garbage plane. And maintenance is indeed an issue with Aerolineas, so is attitude and scheduling.

cricri58 said:
hello,
I am about to book a flight ticket from Europe (Barcelona) to go to Bs As, what are the most interesting airline companies (criteria: good prices and no penalties for possibly changing my return date to Europe , id est flexibility up to 1 year)
Thank you.
Regards

that usually depends on the fare you choose, rather than on the company

ghost said:
yes they ditched the 747s but A340 is garbage plane. And maintenance is indeed an issue with Aerolineas, so is attitude and scheduling.

I beg to differ - the A340 is a pretty good aircraft.

I'm pretty sure I remember seeing duct tape inside the cabin the first time I flew with Aerolineas Argentinas! It's not a bad airline, but I prefer LAN. :p I like Iberia and would fly with them if the prices are right.

I have family flying in from Barcelona next month, but I'm not sure what airline they're taking. Going through Madrid or even London will probably give you more options and cheaper fairs.

Unless you're willing to spend a premium for a ticket with no restrictions, most airlines don't make it incredibly easy to change your return date - at least not without paying at least $100-$200 USD extra- and you might not be able to extend past the ticket's validity (which is often 90 days from your departure date.) It's sometimes more economical just to not use the return portion of a cheap ticket and buy a new one when you're ready to leave if you're planning on staying a long time.

Good luck! :D I'd give up my spot here in Argentina to stay in Barcelona!

Duct tape does not say much. From my experience travelling to/from Europe (some 20 times a year), I can say Aerolíneas safety is as good as at other airlines. What sucks about Aerolíneas is punctuality and on-board service...the flight attendants are uninterested in helping. The same for Iberia and Alitalia.
AirEuropa is always on the brink of collapse. Don't buy tickets in advance...also I would have some worries regarding safety.
The number one has to be LAN, although flying to Santiago means flights to BA take longer.
TAM is also good, but make sure you have dinner before boarding, as food on board SUCKS. Air France is also excellent, and it is sometimes quicker to fly to BA via Paris as to BA via Santiago with LAN.
TAP (via Lisboa) is also good, but it takes two stops from Spain to get to BA.

Amargo said:
Duct tape does not say much.

:eek:
786be96002b440c013750393d2b0ea0a.jpg

:eek:

I would pass.

Back