An unforseen problem with local farmacias...

Ninjalectual

Registered
I'm new to Buenos Aires and loving it. However, I have a prescription for oxycontin, and NO PHARMACIES in the city seem to carry it. I have a prescription from a local doctor, and from one in the US if it makes any difference.

Does anyone know of a farmacia in Buenos Aires that carries this kind of medicine? The doctor I spoke with said I would be able to order it and have in in a couple of days, but so far every pharmacy has refused to do this too. Please help if you can...

I have had similar problem, try the farmaci across the street from Alto Palermo on Sante Fe going towards Bulnes. They will have it or tell you where to get it. I don't know the name of the store but only a couple famacies on the block. They will give you a dirty look but they will fill it.

Well, this is difficult to get because is easy to abuse of it. Regards

Hi,

I am new here, I am prescribed oxycontin in the US and running low on my supply. I am looking for a doctor to help me with this.

Does anyone know a doctor that could help me?

Ninjalectual, which doctor did you go to? and did you find a pharmacy to fill your script?

Thank you for all and any help.

Ninjalectual said:
... I have a prescription for oxycontin, and NO PHARMACIES in the city seem to carry it.
Don't take no for an answer - ask if they have the same drug under another name.

E.g. I went to a farmacia to get Amoxicilina (used against a bacterial infection under a tooth), produced an old package from Sandoz and was told they didn't have it.

What!?! you don't have Amoxicilina?
Oh yes, but not from Sandoz - don't expect them to tell you, drag it out of the guy/girl.
So I had my Amoxicilina of whichever brand, works the same.

Hi,

I am new here, I am prescribed oxycontin in the US and running low on my supply. I am looking for a doctor to help me with this.

Does anyone know a doctor that could help me?

Ninjalectual, which doctor did you go to? and did you find a pharmacy to fill your script?

Thank you for all and any help.

Back